Return to Baseball Leftovers

McLouth to Braves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: McLouth to Braves

Postby keeks137 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:05 am

AussieDodger wrote:
y2jayjk wrote:From a fantasy perspective, is this a plus?

And I wish that the deal they did in 2 months was McLouth for Delmon Young :-D

Go twins!

Batting in a line up with Chipper and McCann should be more productive then with LaRoche and LaRoche and some junk. ;-D

You beat me to it with this comment.

I was going to say that putting him @ the top of the lineup with those quality hitters behind him will be a better fit for him than occasionally batting third for the Pirates in front of... and then my mind went blank.

The counterargument would be that he'd have more RBI chances if the Pirates kept him hitting third behind... and then my mind went blank again.

Freddie Sanchez! There's a Pirate I know.
http://www.thedugs.com Baseball Webcomics
keeks137
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 pm

One thing we must realize is that this shouldn't be the only move the Braves make, we still could use another decent bat, (Someone with a bit of speed would be nice,) someone who can play LF/3B would be great, Chipper will only be able to play 4 out of 5 games at best, and Anderson/Diaz/Francoeur isn't exactly a platoon made in heaven.

Our starting rotation is fine one of the best in the NL, (We may not have the best front of the rotation but we have the deepest and most solid IMO)
Our bullpen is solid, we could use one more strong arm since we seem to burn through bullpen innings but Medlen could be just the trick.

Our IF is good, 3b/c are two of the best, SS/2B are both solid and 1B has shown flashes of being good.

Our OF does need some more help though. But at least with McLouth we have a good CF on both sides of the ball.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Starting Hampton against the Pirates today. ;-D At this point the Pirates offense is next to worthless; they were already 24th in runs scored per game.
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Tonight has McLouth hitting 3rd behind Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar and in front of Chipper and McCann. So basically sandwiched between the other 4 best hitters on the team. Fantasy owners gotta be loving that. :-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby smoovethug » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Tonight has McLouth hitting 3rd behind Kelly Johnson and Yunel Escobar and in front of Chipper and McCann. So basically sandwiched between the other 4 best hitters on the team. Fantasy owners gotta be loving that. :-)

QFT ;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -271)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 am

He gonna need to rake for a couple of games to make up for me missing his bat the last 2 nights. :-[
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby y2jayjk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:59 am

ayebatter wrote:He gonna need to rake for a couple of games to make up for me missing his bat the last 2 nights. :-[

You shouldn't have even had him in your lineup the last 2 nights.

He had been batting in the .100 range in the last week.

I had Dye, Ellsbury, Span in OF and Abreu on the UTIL.

I've had Soriano and McLouth benched for the last 4 days. You gotta let him prove he is out of slump.
y2jayjk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ayebatter » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am

y2jayjk wrote:
ayebatter wrote:He gonna need to rake for a couple of games to make up for me missing his bat the last 2 nights. :-[

You shouldn't have even had him in your lineup the last 2 nights.

He had been batting in the .100 range in the last week.

I had Dye, Ellsbury, Span in OF and Abreu on the UTIL.

I've had Soriano and McLouth benched for the last 4 days. You gotta let him prove he is out of slump.

$ Roto league dude, you don't sit a guy like McLouth for hitting .100 for a week in a 15 team 5 OF 1 DH league.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:45 pm

CadensDad wrote:One thing we must realize is that this shouldn't be the only move the Braves make, we still could use another decent bat, (Someone with a bit of speed would be nice,) someone who can play LF/3B would be great, Chipper will only be able to play 4 out of 5 games at best, and Anderson/Diaz/Francoeur isn't exactly a platoon made in heaven.

Our OF does need some more help though. But at least with McLouth we have a good CF on both sides of the ball.

colorado? they have such an OF logjam.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm

fbc_fan wrote:
CadensDad wrote:One thing we must realize is that this shouldn't be the only move the Braves make, we still could use another decent bat, (Someone with a bit of speed would be nice,) someone who can play LF/3B would be great, Chipper will only be able to play 4 out of 5 games at best, and Anderson/Diaz/Francoeur isn't exactly a platoon made in heaven.

colorado? they have such an OF logjam.

I thought the same thing as well (Atkins?) but I really don't think the Braves will be able to give up much of anything for another player. And hopefully we won't give up too much for anyone.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers