Return to Baseball Leftovers

5 most underrated/overrated fantasy players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5 most underrated/overrated fantasy players

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

yeah I too like Raburn, but his eligibility is only in the OF, right? Last year he played in 10 games at 1B, 6 games at 3B and the rest in the outfield, so his eligibility isn't as vast as previous posters have stated. Also apparently Fernando Nieve could lock down a spot in the mets rotation. He looked nasty at times last season.

some pitchers

Hochevar
Nieve
McCutchen
De La Rosa
Richard
Manny Parra
Chris Volstad/Andrew Miller
Holland (if he gets a rotation spot which looks doubtful)
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:58 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:yeah I too like Raburn, but his eligibility is only in the OF, right? Last year he played in 10 games at 1B, 6 games at 3B and the rest in the outfield, so his eligibility isn't as vast as previous posters have stated.

Yahoo default is 10 games played, 5 games started so he qualifies there.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -15)

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:Fernando Nieve could lock down a spot in the mets rotation. He looked nasty at times last season

Fernando Nieve, never looked "nasty", at all last season... :-?

Sure he had 1 or 2 quality starts but 36 hits and 20 BB in 36 innings is the exact opposite of nasty. How many of Nieve's 7 starts did you actually watch that he was nasty ?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 pm

what do you want from me? I never said "Nieve is amazing last season nobody could hit him lololol". All I said was that apparently he has good stuff and if he locks down a spot in the rotation and stays healthy he could be somebody to watch.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:what do you want from me? I never said "Nieve is amazing last season nobody could hit him lololol". All I said was that apparently he has good stuff and if he locks down a spot in the rotation and stays healthy he could be somebody to watch.

You said he looked nasty at times. I musta missed that start. I want to know more, could you elaborate? I want to check him out so he could be somebody I can watch as a sleeper.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Nasty might be an exaggeration, but I remember him pitching in a game against the Yankees. He didn't 'dazzle' but he got the job done. I picked him up and he gave my team few good starts until he got hurt/ imploded. I also recall him being regarded as a good prospect with the Astros so he obviously has some potential and he does have stuff. Like I said I don't know what you want from me but you obviously have some rage problems with/against me that you need to get sorted out.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:39 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:I remember him pitching in a game against the Yankees. He didn't 'dazzle' but he got the job done. I picked him up and he gave my team few good starts until he got hurt/ imploded. I also recall him being regarded as a good prospect with the Astros so he obviously has some potential and he does have stuff. Like I said I don't know what you want from me but you obviously have some rage problems with/against me that you need to get sorted out.

lol, no, no problems with you at all, sir. :-) We just need a little disclaimer at the bottom of your posts, that you just type stuff to type stuff at times. I would feel terrible if people drafted Butler in the 4th, reached for Reimold cause he is batting 3rd, or drafted Nieve as a flier.

Just I watch a lot of Mets game from the area, and seen a lot of Nieve's starts. That start against the Yanks, sure was a QS, but you can't go around saying Nieve is nasty. People might actually believe you that Nieve has some nasty stuff.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:42 pm

You're vendetta against me is getting hysterical. When the hell did I say that people should draft Billy Butler in the 4th round?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Captain Furtah » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

You'll have to excuse Dash is, he IS a little off his rocker at times...
Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

DaSh is off his rocker but not the guy claiming Fernando Nieve has looked nasty last year, lulz :-)
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers