Return to Baseball Leftovers

5 most underrated/overrated fantasy players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5 most underrated/overrated fantasy players

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:DaSh is off his rocker but not the guy claiming Fernando Nieve has looked nasty last year, lulz :-)

dude what is problem, read my post that's not what I said or what I implied and you know this. I said that at times Nieve had nasty stuff, SO WHAT. I read an article saying that he's a favorite to make the Mets rotation and I made a statement that he could be someone to watch out for, grow a pair and get off my case. I've said stupid things as we all have but that's no reason to barrage me with hatred every chance you get.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

<--- I am just a crazy old, old, man, off his rocker :-B don't take anything personal !
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

apparently...
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:05 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:DaSh is off his rocker but not the guy claiming Fernando Nieve has looked nasty last year, lulz :-)

Neither is MasterX... :-?
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Padsin05 wrote:my underrated player this year no 1 is

Ryan Raburn- he qualifies as 1b-2b-3b-Of in yahoo, and put up a 290-16-45-44-5 line in 261 AB's, if he can get a full time gig, he could be tremendous value

edit: just rotoworld'ed him and found this

Tigers' general manager Dave Dombrowski said that Ryan Raburn will play every day in the outfield in 2010.

"We're really going to dedicate Ryan Raburn to playing outfield full time. That will help his defense," Dombrowski said. The 28-year-old batted .291 with 16 home runs, 45 RBI and an .891 OPS in 261 at-bats last season.

Raburn only qualifies at 1B and OF in Yahoo.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?pl ... t=fielding
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Rayburn may still bear keeping and eye on since he has played 2nd for the Tigers on occassion. They are planning on using cement gloved and unproven hitter Scott Sizemore at 2nd and if he flops they could scramble some and Rayburn might get some play.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 pm

moochman wrote:Rayburn may still bear keeping and eye on since he has played 2nd for the Tigers on occassion. They are planning on using cement gloved and unproven hitter Scott Sizemore at 2nd and if he flops they could scramble some and Rayburn might get some play.

Raburn isn't a good defensive 2B either but I suppose it's possible. If he's only 1B and OF eligible I don't think he has much value....he needs that 2B eligibility.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 pm

J35J wrote:
moochman wrote:Rayburn may still bear keeping and eye on since he has played 2nd for the Tigers on occassion. They are planning on using cement gloved and unproven hitter Scott Sizemore at 2nd and if he flops they could scramble some and Rayburn might get some play.

Raburn isn't a good defensive 2B either but I suppose it's possible. If he's only 1B and OF eligible I don't think he has much value....he needs that 2B eligibility.

Oh, no mistake, Rayburn is a terrible fielder no matte where he plays, but the Tigers may want his bat in the line-up should Sizemore bomb. The Tigers are going to be horrid defensively this year, so needing a bat may out-weigh obvious flaws in the field. He won't gain any eliblility for a while, but if he does he could put some decent numbrs up for 2nd.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers