Return to Baseball Leftovers

40 SB Threats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 40 SB Threats

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:What about Matt Kemp or Ian Kinsler? McCutchen??

Because the OP is looking for players you can find later in the draft.

I think Getz and Gomez should have the ABs to get close to 40.

I see 40 SB threats and respond accordingly.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Morgan, Bourn, Raja Davis, Borbon, Pierre, Gardner
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I think Getz and Gomez should have the ABs to get close to 40.

There is starting to be a strong possibility that Getz starts the year in the minors with Callaspo playing 2B until Guillen gets hurt to free up the DH spot on a more consistent basis.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Just going on pure speed and not really current production, but Alexi Casilla can fly though he's basically stopped running for some reason. He had years in the minors with 49 and 50 SB's in a season. If someone can get him back on track, I say he's a sleeper.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Captain Furtah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:For guys you can get really really late in a draft, I'm gonna suggest Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs.

;-D
Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Just going on pure speed and not really current production, but Alexi Casilla can fly though he's basically stopped running for some reason. He had years in the minors with 49 and 50 SB's in a season. If someone can get him back on track, I say he's a sleeper.

finally someone else with me on Casilla. Also....BONIFACIO. Florida needs to let him run more.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Just going on pure speed and not really current production, but Alexi Casilla can fly though he's basically stopped running for some reason. He had years in the minors with 49 and 50 SB's in a season. If someone can get him back on track, I say he's a sleeper.

finally someone else with me on Casilla. Also....BONIFACIO. Florida needs to let him run more.

Florida needs to let him get on base more before he goes after 40 SB.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:53 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:

I like Bonifacio and even put him in Top 20 preseason 2B going into last season. I think if the Marlins trade Uggla and Cantu then 40 is within reason.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 23)

Postby mushman05 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm

I'd think that Drew Stubbs certainly has to be in the conversation. He swiped around 45 bags in AAA last year and had another 10 after his August callup. Considering the fact that Dusty praised Stubbs repeatedly late in the season and even kept him as the starter when Willy Tavares returned, you have to like his chances for regular playing time and the potential to swipe 40 plus.
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Not necessarily a threat for 40, but I think a threat for 30, and a guy who probably won't be drafted in most leagues is Ian Desmond. In 430 AB's in Double-A, Triple-A and the Majors combined he swiped 22 bags in 27 chances. Struggled stealing bags in his first tour of Double-A in 2008, but swiped 27 in A+ in 2007. Took a big step forward in OBP last year in the high minors, which would translate to opportunities. The early impression I get from just perusing articles is that he and Guzman will start at 2B/SS, so he should get the AB's, question is can he keep the OBP high enough to get the SB attempts, and will he be able to translate his high minors SB's to the Majors (only stole 1 base in 82 AB's).

Everth Cabrera has been mentioned, and is a good candidate for 40, but I think the cat is starting to get out of the bag a bit on him, and I'd guess he may be a late round favorite for those looking to fill MI or SS (in deeper leagues) that pass on top talent at the position.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers