Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets to A's

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:43 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:A healthy Sheets in that park should net some nice pieces at the trade deadline if the A's are out of it.

what teams would want to trade for a player on the DL though ;-7

Cubs or Mets :-D

Can the rich get richer when it comes to most players on the DL?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby Tavish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Sheets is going to need to be around 150 innings for the contract to be worth it. So in other words its a fail.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:A's just became a contender. Now the perennial problem with offense will the key again.

Sheets
Anderson
Braden
Cahill and
Mazzaro/Gio

Not bad at all with Bailey closing out.

They're definitely over .500 now on a true-talent basis. They're still behind the other three, but it's close. If they get Damon, it could pretty much be wide open.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

garf112 wrote:
Tavish wrote:Sheets is going to need to be around 150 innings for the contract to be worth it. So in other words its a fail.

he's thrown 140 or more innings every year since 2001, with the exception of 2006.

And 09 when he didn't pitch a inning :-D

I'd have to say I'm not a fan of the deal. Seems like it's too much of an investment for a pitcher who didn't pitch at all last season.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/latosma01.shtml. Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -361)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

So... what's his ADP? I love that he signed with the A's, and I'll probably target him as a late sleeper in every draft, but is he gone before the Top 100 or after?
A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:A's just became a contender. Now the perennial problem with offense will the key again.

Sheets
Anderson
Braden
Cahill and
Mazzaro/Gio

They're definitely over .500 now on a true-talent basis. They're still behind the other three, but it's close. If they get Damon, it could pretty much be wide open.

Not sure how effective Damon would be in that stadium. He was just under a .8 OPS player outside of YS last year, and if he repeats his -12 UZR, I am not sure how beneficial a horrid .8 OPS defender would be that stadium. While Cameron disagrees with Damon's UZR last year, I am not sure if he realizes the UZR isn't factoring in Damon's arm.

This is coming from someone who watched Damon in LF all of last year. He has hit a cliff defensively.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:50 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:

Sheets
Anderson
Braden
Cahill and
Mazzaro/Gio

Not sure how effective Damon would be in that stadium. He was just under a .8 OPS player outside of YS last year, and if he repeats his -12 UZR, I am not sure how beneficial a horrid .8 OPS defender would be that stadium. While Cameron disagrees with Damon's UZR last year, I am not sure if he realizes the UZR isn't factoring in Damon's arm.

This is coming from someone who watched Damon in LF all of last year. He has hit a cliff defensively.

That could well be. But one year of UZR isn't enough to draw any conclusions. (BTW, UZR does factor in arm, and I'm pretty sure Dave Cameron knows that. ;-) ) He's still a 2-3 win player.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby Tavish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm

garf112 wrote:
Tavish wrote:Sheets is going to need to be around 150 innings for the contract to be worth it. So in other words its a fail.

he's thrown 140 or more innings every year since 2001, with the exception of 2006.

Or to put it another way, 2 of the last 5 seasons he made 150 IP. And one was barely with 156.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers