Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another late-round sleeper, Jeff Francoeur?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Another late-round sleeper, Jeff Francoeur?

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:23 am

It would be great if his improved peripherals continue, but the guy is a complete moron. The comment that, "it's not that I want to walk" is hilarious. Does he actually think that Albert Pujols and Adrian Gonzalez WANT to walk? No, they are just smart enough to realize "hey, if I don't swing at pitches out of the zone, then either I will walk or the pitcher will be forced to throw me a strike - and guess what - I can probably be more productive if pitchers throw me strikes instead"

He's so bullheaded. I kind of want him to fail.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 am

i wonder what would happen if Francoeur were to face Aardsma...it would be like dividing by zero :-o
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i wonder what would happen if Francoeur were to face Aardsma...it would be like dividing by zero :-o

:-b
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Sekrah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm

I never heralded either of these players as top tier fantasy quality. I merely recognized and pointed out the tremendous value they are likely to provide this year as an undrafted outfielder and the 20th ranked reliever, against the forecast of the clueless sabremetric amateurs on this website who spend 12 hours a day staring at loads of Fangraphs data and having no idea how to intrepet it.
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Sekrah wrote:I never heralded either of these players as top tier fantasy quality.

Sekrah wrote:Leave this .300, 25+ HR, 100+ RBI, 80+ Run guy on your leagues free agent list.. it's your team, not mine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to misinterpret some fangraphs.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Sekrah wrote:I'm just a moron, what do I know.

.444, 2 HR, 6 RBIs, 4 Runs

Leave this .300, 25+ HR, 100+ RBI, 80+ Run guy on your leagues free agent list.. it's your team, not mine.

LOL.
Comment bookmarked. :-b

As long as Frenchy stays on the Mets the whole year, he's going to hit more home runs for them than any A's player will for Oakland.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby Sekrah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to misinterpret some fangraphs.

Yes because 10th-12th among OFs in RBIs, 15th-20th in HRs is so top tier. Either your carrying a Forrest Gump level IQ or your a young clueless punk in his first year of fantasy baseball.. Since you've been here since 2006, I'll go with the option A. Reading comprehension and facts are fun. Try it.
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Matthias » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 am

Sekrah wrote:

Yes because 10th-12th among OFs in RBIs, 15th-20th in HRs is so top tier. Either your carrying a Forrest Gump level IQ or your a young clueless punk in his first year of fantasy baseball.. Since you've been here since 2006, I'll go with the option A. Reading comprehension and facts are fun. Try it.

Well, it would make him either a low-end #1 OF or a top-end #2 which, for someone who generally went undrafted, is close enough to top tier for me.

You should calm down your temperature level and learn the difference between "your" and "you're."
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)

Postby B-Chad » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 am

Inukchuk wrote:
Sekrah wrote:I never heralded either of these players as top tier fantasy quality.

Sekrah wrote:Leave this .300, 25+ HR, 100+ RBI, 80+ Run guy on your leagues free agent list.. it's your team, not mine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to misinterpret some fangraphs.

Yeah, I guess us nerds have no idea what we're talking about. Stats mean nothing compared to a trained scouts eye ;-7 Dayton Moore, don't you have better things to do than trolling fantasy message boards?
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:17 am

Sekrah wrote:

Oh. I didn't realize HR and RBI are the only cats that you were referring to in these tiers of yours. Ellsbury must be really awful, huh? :-b

As Matthias mentioned, those numbers put Frenchie around Nick Markakis territory, which to me is certainly top tier. In my 14 teamer, numbers like that are certainly worthy of a lower end #1 OF.

Honestly though, I had a feeling you'd oh so politely comment on the fact that 25-100-300 may not be considered top tier. I just got a kick out of the fact that for someone pimping Francoeur so hard, you were awfully quick to throw him under the bus.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers