Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boston needs to trade for a catcher

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boston needs to trade for a catcher

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Seriously....teams are running wild....Texas has SIX stolen bases already today, and this is after an entire weekend of Tampa stealing at will. I thought Martinez had improved his abilities behind the plate but I guess not. There's no way they could let this continue, is there?

EDIT before I get the response I am expecting: I am fully aware that Wakefield is on the mound tonight....but still. Vlad and his creaky knees have already stolen two bases.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Boston needs to trade for a catcher

Postby thedude » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm

8 steals now. Still no outs in the fourth.

Can the Rangers crack 20 today? 30?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby NotAmused » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Damn haha, Boston is playing terrible baseball right now..really putting themselves in a hole with Tampa and NYY playing so well.
NotAmused
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:34 pm

If BJ, Garza, and Price keep this up, Boston is definitely finishing 3rd this year.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:If BJ, Garza, and Price keep this up, Boston is definitely finishing 3rd this year.

And if Boston keeps it up, they'll be lucky to finish 3rd. This team is a mess right now on all fronts. Tonight's game is nothing short of a complete embarrassment. Not sure how much worse it can get but this is pretty bad right now.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -15)

Postby thedude » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:If BJ, Garza, and Price keep this up, Boston is definitely finishing 3rd this year.

And if Boston keeps it up, they'll be lucky to finish 3rd. This team is a mess right now on all fronts. Tonight's game is nothing short of a complete embarrassment. Not sure how much worse it can get but this is pretty bad right now.

Way to early to judge anything.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Their pitching staff is still well above average but their defense and hitting leaves a lot to be desired, even when they're all healthy which they are obviously not. Boston will be lucky to finish 3rd this year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby nsulham » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm

They're a good team playing horrid baseball right now. It's frustrating to watch but you have to think if they can get their rotation righted (sans Wake the human turnstile) they'll start making a move to get closer to the pack. One can hope anyway.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, its obvious Martinez shouldn't be catching Wakefield. The problem is that neither should Varitek which leaves the team without a legit defensive catcher capable of catching Wake's knuckleball. The team is also handcuffed with Ortiz only really able to be the DH and Lowell unable to get on the field. It is just poor roster management in reference to need imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 24)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Well, its obvious Martinez shouldn't be catching Wakefield. The problem is that neither should Varitek which leaves the team without a legit defensive catcher capable of catching Wake's knuckleball. The team is also handcuffed with Ortiz only really able to be the DH and Lowell unable to get on the field. It is just poor roster management in reference to need imo.

The sooner Ortiz gets hurt the better Boston's chances of making the playoffs. Lowell should be the everyday DH if nothing else. Ortiz is pathetic.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers