Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sell High on Prado??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sell High on Prado??

Postby thedude » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I guess I am kind of surprised at the responses here. You would never get the world for him, but if you wanted to move him this would probably be the best time. Maybe get a solid SP3 or 4 for the back end of your rotation. High R/AVG guys who are multi-eligible can be pretty valuable in deeper leagues.

I am not saying he doesn't have value. I am saying the value you can get for him now is what I expect his value to be in the future. He I drafted him expecting a batting average around .310 with some runs, but nothing else. I still expect him to hit .310 with runs, and nothing else. If I sold him, the other owner would be expecting a .310 batting average and some runs, and nothing else. I don't see how his start to the season has effected his value in the least, so it is not selling high IMO.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brehh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I was able to trade Prado,Desmond,Butler for Jonathan Sanchez,Chad Bills, Borbon
brehh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mtxdevil » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

brehh wrote:I was able to trade Prado,Desmond,Butler for Jonathan Sanchez,Chad Bills, Borbon

cool story bro.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers