Return to Baseball Leftovers

Convince me not to take Aramis Ramirez in the 9th.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Convince me not to take Aramis Ramirez in the 9th.

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:29 am

1 st round of an 12 team H-H points league,8 keepers plus minor leaguers kept. That makes him a 9th rounder if I take him in the first of this one. I pick 8th this year in a snake draft meaning I will have the 17th overall pick in the second round and 8th overall in the 1st round. As I rank my players of whats left, Carlos Lee sticks out and after that a handfull of pitchers I put in the 2nd tier of starting pitchers. A few of those pitchers I rank higher than Ramirez overall but 8 teams are keeping 3B, meaning only 4 of us dont have one and the 1st tier has been eliminated completely at 3B.

My 8 keepers so far are
F. Thomas 1B
M. Tejada SS
B. Boone 2B
A. Kearns OF ( I'm on the bandwagon and another owner kept C. Patterson, dont laugh :-D )
B. Colon
J. Vazquez
J. Julio
T. Percival.

So I see it as addressing 3rd and still getting a pitcher I rank in the 2nd tier, although not my first choice of pitching. I wasnt big on Ramirez before reading about him on the Cafe, but some of you guys are starting to make me think he might surprise and put up tier1 numbers at 3RB.

Any and all feedback is appreciatted. Thanks guys ;-D .
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:50 am

3B is so deep that I wouldn't worry about grabbing Aram right now. I'd probably go with Carlos Lee depending on which pitchers are availiable. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:50 am

The Cafe spoketh and I listeneth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Carlos Lee in the 1st following your advice.

Matt Clement in the 2nd (wanted Pineiro bad but he went 3 picks before) I'm still happy with Clement

Finally my man Ramirez was there in the 3rd as the 32nd overall pick, or 128th player overall after our 96 total players kept.

You guys have helped me before, but this time you guys came through HUGE!!!!!

Thanks alot guys ;-D ;-D ;-D
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers