Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delmon or Prince?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delmon or Prince?

Postby Dude86 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:06 pm

In a prospect draft for a keeper league who would you pick, Delmon Young or Prince Fielder?
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Melo255 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:18 pm

Prince looks scary man. Don't have the links but I've been reading the last few weeks that he's the biggest strongest most overall...massive person that most scouts have ever seen...and hes only 19. I dont know anything about Delmon Young but he would have to be a major prospect with ridiculous upside to go against the Prince.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby hybrid » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:37 am

Melo255 wrote:Prince looks scary man. Don't have the links but I've been reading the last few weeks that he's the biggest strongest most overall...massive person that most scouts have ever seen...and hes only 19. I dont know anything about Delmon Young but he would have to be a major prospect with ridiculous upside to go against the Prince.

i agree about Prince he looks great. you have never seen or heard about Delmon though? kind of surprising since lately he IS considered the next major prospect in the minors. i think most scouts say Young has a better upside, and i would say that is mainly due to him being a much better defensive player with a great arm. where as fielder's defense at first will probably just be decent. but since we are in fantasy baseball that doesn't matter. both of them offensively speaking have huge potential, i would take prince if you need a 1B and delmon if you need a OF. it's real close, as both should be great offensively speaking, both will hit for power and avg. though i don't think either will steal much. but if one would it would be young, prince is to big.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:31 am

Prince, no doubt. I like Young, I do, but to me Fielder is the #1 prospect in the minors. He is not as well regarded as he should be because people have a tendancy to group him with his father. He's not his father. He's much, much better. I look for him to turn into an Albert Pujols type player. Really.
Absolutely Adequate
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -170)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:37 pm

I would probably take Fielder, although Young has as great a power upside as anyone (Albert Belle) comparisions.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby inkubus » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:46 pm

Young easy, after watching him play.
inkubus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -3)

Postby DK » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:31 pm

Fielder is closer to the majors and has proven himself in the minors (so far). Young is still 18 and has a while to go, but if he pans out he'll be flat-out amazing. That said, I'd go with Fielder.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Return to Baseball Leftovers