Return to Baseball Leftovers

So is Riske again the closer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So is Riske again the closer?

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:38 am

All this Urbina talk is giving me a headache. I dropped Riske for Konerko when Urbina was supposedly gonna get signed, then dropped Konerko for Herges 10 minutes later when I heard Nen was having a set back, and am now thinking of dropping Herges for Riske now that it seems Urbina isn't signing with Cleveland? So should I have Riske or Herges as a closer? Chacon is also an option, just saw him on the waiver wire.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mightyian5 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:11 am

riske will now be closing for sure. i dont see urbina heading to cleveland, with him not having pitched in forever. plus, other teams are becoming more interested as of late, such as detroit.

if chacon is still on the wire, go get him too.
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BillyMafia » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:17 am

i watched the Cleveland/TB game yesterday and GM Shapiro said it is not very likely that Urbina will be signed since he hadn't picked up a ball since 6th inning of WS. he and the announcers were very high in Riske. he then went out and threw his worst inning of preseason. the announcers seemed very surprised saying riske hasn't even been close to being hit like that. TB only got one run on a HR but got a couple hits.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers