Return to Baseball Leftovers

How does the Lamb trade affect Ensberg!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby unclepaulie » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:58 pm

Behind Cabrerra?? A hot streak in the W.S. and all of a sudden the guys an elite player? Ensberg on the other hand has a good eye, hits for power/average, and can steal the occasional base but you have him #13 on your list, WTF??

I am not even going to go into the home ballpark factor.
Last edited by unclepaulie on Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby djacks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:01 pm

What does Jimmy Williams have against this guy anyway? He's solid against both righties and lefties, hits for power with a decent avg, has a solid glove in the field...there are a lot of teams that would love to have this guy if Houston hates him so much. I just don't get it. He was my keeper league prospect like three years ago. He's always been a good player, just never been given a full time job. I think he'd hit 30 HR's in his sleep with 500 AB's and have a solid .280 avg. Give the guy a chance!
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby unclepaulie » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:16 pm

Lamb is a joke what in the world would make you think he is going to start? He is a utility player that has been serviceable at best.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:14 pm

+1 to this!! I just babbled in the concurrent Ensberg thread (could he be the next Urbina??) but I really think that Ensberg will be able to do well this year and, after reviewing his stats, I can't see how Lamb could be a threat, regardless of any wierd vibes off of Williams.

I will keep my fingers crossed that I can start him and shop Dmitri Young for a reliever or something like that.

Juhlz wrote:Keep in mind that Ensberg finished second only to Mark McGuire at USC in career hr's. He is a monster in Minute Maid and with that right field porch, they want right-handed batters in the line-up. My opinion is that he is in for a breakout campaign. Statline: .280avg. 33 hr's and the other numbers depend where he lands in the order. He could get to double digits in sb's too. As you can see I am a believer in this guy. I think he will finish as a top 5 3rd baseman and you can get him in the middle rounds.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I'm not ultra high on Ensberg, but let's face it...Lamb isn't very good. He'll probably occasionally spell Ensberg, which probably isn't a bad thing.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -450)

Postby ondeckb » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:21 pm

eftda wrote:
unclepaulie wrote:Behind Cabrerra?? A hot streak in the W.S. and all of a sudden the guys an elite player? Ensberg on the other hand has a good eye, hits for power/average, and can steal the occasional base but you have him #13 on your list, WTF??

I am not even going to go into the home ballpark factor.

IF Lamb starts then Ensburg wont help us. He will be a bench player. If he starts then i rank hi #6 overall.

Lamb start????? :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers