Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking for my last starter...Carpenter/Riley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for my last starter...Carpenter/Riley

Postby bryan1327 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:48 pm

I am looking for the final starter to put on my bench..

Who would you take..Riley from the O's..good prospect, number 5 guy there..or

Carpenter from the Cards..has looked good this spring..never really put it together with the Jays due to injuries..But I feel on a much better hitting squad

What do you all think..

12 team league..rest of pitching staff goes like this..

SP..Prior, Hudson, Beckett, Contreras, Pinerio, C Lee, H Rameriz,

RP.. Faulk, Rhodes, Herges..
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

how did you get all those pitchers?

Postby delmorpho » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:16 pm

crazy man...your hitting must be awfully weak in a 12 team league...

but on to the question: I like Riley, but make sure he has the job...I picked up Carpenter last in another league...to be honest, though, I might take a qualtiy middle relief guy instead of an untested starter...just to protect my whip and era...yer staff is pretty dominant as is it seems to me...you can get a starter later in the season if you need to fop for wins...if you HAVE to pick another starter and the choice is between those two I would go riley
delmorpho

Friendliness: %

Postby bryan1327 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:36 pm

Hitting is not to bad..In this league we keep 4 from last season...8 from this season..and end with 12 after the third season and keep at 12 from there out..I kept Hudson, Prior, Beckett, and Tejada from last season...

I picked up this line up then..and we start 2 UT also..

C..LeCroy
1B..Texiera
2B..Kennedy
3B..Rameriz
UT..Thomas
UT..Ortiz
OF..Cabrera
Winn
Gibbons
Bench..Burrell, Utley, Kernerko..

It seemed alot of owners got a bit crazy about trying to get very young and up and coming players for keepers...But I figure we can only keep 8 next season...Tex and Cabrera was my only real youth movement..and other were picking OF for the UT spots and I went with Thomas and Ortiz first..So see what happens with what I got..
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:58 pm

I agree. I would take Riley of those two, but if I were in your position I'd actually take a middle reliever to help your ratio's and get you some scrub wins/saves.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:58 am

Riley is dueling with another young Oriole, Eric Bedard for #5 slot. It looks like Riley has the inside track so far. Remember, though, the O's will be playing within division a lot that first month. It could be brutal to be pitching against Yanks, Sox, and Jays. Carpenter will probably have easier opponents in April/May. If you think Riley might escape notice, I'd consider grabbing Carpenter now, then re-evaluating in 6-8 weeks.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -47)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers