Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Everywhere I read says Sean is the starting 2B for the Rays and also play all over the place like last year, but then I also read that he will be in a platoon...which one is it? Can we expect 500 AB for him?

Same goes for Raburn...he is the starting LF for the Tigers right? What happened to Boesch? Any platoon chances here?
Last edited by BALCO All-Stars on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez playing time

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Everywhere I read says he is the starting 2B for the Rays and also play all over the place like last year, but then I also read that he will be in a platoon...which one is it? Can we expect 500 AB for him?

I DO NOT TRUST JOE MADDEN.

This is really the only thing stopping me from drafting Rodriguez. I could easily see SRod sitting 2-3 days a week in favor of Joyce, moving Zobrist over to 2B.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Re: Sean Rodriguez playing time

Postby dAnzac » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 am

rookies and cream wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:Everywhere I read says he is the starting 2B for the Rays and also play all over the place like last year, but then I also read that he will be in a platoon...which one is it? Can we expect 500 AB for him?

This is really the only thing stopping me from drafting Rodriguez. I could easily see SRod sitting 2-3 days a week in favor of Joyce, moving Zobrist over to 2B.

Zobrist is supposedly getting a lot of at-bats at 1B, and is his back injury still a factor?

Unless S.Rodriguez improves his BB/K (or Brignac is injured), I can't see the Rays giving him a full time gig at this stage. He could eventually hit his way into it like Zobrist in 2008/2009.
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Re: Re: Sean Rodriguez playing time

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:11 am

dAnzac wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:

Zobrist is supposedly getting a lot of at-bats at 1B, and is his back injury still a factor?

Unless S.Rodriguez improves his BB/K (or Brignac is injured), I can't see the Rays giving him a full time gig at this stage. He could eventually hit his way into it like Zobrist in 2008/2009.

Yeah, I guess it also depends on how Dan Johnson does at 1B.

But I repeat... I DO NOT TRUST JOE MADDEN.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 am

So it sounds like raburn's chances at 500+ ABs are a lot higher then rodriguez?
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:So it sounds like raburn's chances at 500+ ABs are a lot higher then rodriguez?

My guess is neither will get to 500 AB. But I think Raburn will get slightly more. He will probably sit against tough righties though.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ender » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:32 am

I don't see how Raburn could possibly get over 500 AB, he doesn't hit RHP that well and his defense outside of the OF is horrible.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 am

Ender wrote:I don't see how Raburn could possibly get over 500 AB, he doesn't hit RHP that well and his defense outside of the OF is horrible.

Ryan Raburn's BA against righties the last two years was .273 and .305. That's hitting righties well enough in my book.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dAnzac » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:46 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:
Ender wrote:I don't see how Raburn could possibly get over 500 AB, he doesn't hit RHP that well and his defense outside of the OF is horrible.

Ryan Raburn's BA against righties the last two years was .273 and .305. That's hitting righties well enough in my book.

Your book obviously doesn't include 2010 BB/K (16/65) or 2010 ISO (.153) vs RHP. :-D
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Steve-o » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:34 am

dAnzac wrote:Your book obviously doesn't include 2010 BB/K (16/65) or 2010 ISO (.153) vs RHP. :-D

I went and looked it up too. It's not great, but it's not as bad as Ender makes it out to be:

RHP: .278/.323/.430 - 34bb:149k
LHP: .269/.346/.514 - 45bb:100k
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers