Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby Guttenburg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Good stuff. Any other suggestions? I could also use a sleeper at SS, I have Hardy starting there... :-b


I wouldn't give up on Hardy and the Baltimore lineup at this point, personally.
Guttenburg
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 317
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby dAnzac » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:52 am

pokerplaya wrote:Rodriguez sitting again today...I have him as my 2B in a deep league with MI...thinking about dropping him in favor of Bill Hall. :-/

If Utley wasn't on the shelf I wouldn't be in this position... :-C

Any deep sleepers at 2B to take a look at? Hall as my 2B just doesn't excite me, neither does S-Rod riding the pine several times a week...


EMAUS :-L

pokerplaya wrote:Good stuff. Any other suggestions? I could also use a sleeper at SS, I have Hardy starting there... :-b


Alcides Escobar
Image
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 619
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 4 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Do alligators alligate?

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby Montana168 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:51 am

Evan Longoria will be out for a week or so and looks like Sean Rodriguez will replace him at 3rd. S-rod just needs 5 starts in most leagues to gain 3b eligibility, should give his value a nice little boost and hopefully maddon gives him AB's. Way too early to give up on rodriguez, IMO, but looks like he's going to need to mash in order to get in this lineup.
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1457
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:44 am

Montana168 wrote:Evan Longoria will be out for a week or so and looks like Sean Rodriguez will replace him at 3rd. S-rod just needs 5 starts in most leagues to gain 3b eligibility, should give his value a nice little boost and hopefully maddon gives him AB's. Way too early to give up on rodriguez, IMO, but looks like he's going to need to mash in order to get in this lineup.


It's not about giving up on him...I think he's got the talent to be an asset in a league that is as deep as the one I drafted him in. However, with several injuries on my team, all my DL spots are used up as well as some bench spots as I wait for recoveries which doesn't afford me the luxury to carry two 2B and start S-Rod when he plays. I need a guy I can count on being in the lineup every day. As you said above, Longoria being out the next week may give me the opportunity to hold a little while longer, but if he goes back to starting 3 times a week when Longo's back, I'm going to have to cut ties.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12578
(Past Year: -231)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 pm

And he sits again today after a bomb last night...very aggravating. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12578
(Past Year: -231)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby k.k. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Raburn is sitting again today too. Another annoying move for those fantasy owners who made a small investment in him late in the draft.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 762
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 pm

k.k. wrote:Raburn is sitting again today too. Another annoying move for those fantasy owners who made a small investment in him late in the draft.


Not sure if this was mean to be sarcastic or not, my issue is not the minimal investment I made in S-Rod, it is the fact that my assumption that he'd actually play with Longoria out was wrong. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12578
(Past Year: -231)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby k.k. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:28 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
k.k. wrote:Raburn is sitting again today too. Another annoying move for those fantasy owners who made a small investment in him late in the draft.


Not sure if this was mean to be sarcastic or not, my issue is not the minimal investment I made in S-Rod, it is the fact that my assumption that he'd actually play with Longoria out was wrong. :-b

No sarcasm intended. I was talking about my own situation with my investment in Raburn. I'm watching the situation closely, but losing confidence in keeping him. I had my eye on S-Rod in another league but he was snatched by someone else already, which is probably just as well. I don't want too many 'project' players.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 762
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby Montana168 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 pm

k.k. wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
k.k. wrote:Raburn is sitting again today too. Another annoying move for those fantasy owners who made a small investment in him late in the draft.


Not sure if this was mean to be sarcastic or not, my issue is not the minimal investment I made in S-Rod, it is the fact that my assumption that he'd actually play with Longoria out was wrong. :-b

No sarcasm intended. I was talking about my own situation with my investment in Raburn. I'm watching the situation closely, but losing confidence in keeping him. I had my eye on S-Rod in another league but he was snatched by someone else already, which is probably just as well. I don't want too many 'project' players.


Wow, yeah incredible that S-rod is on the bench after a solid showing vs. Jered Weaver the night before (HR and a walk). Can't believe Maddon prefers to start Lopez and Fuld over Rodriguez :-P . Hopefully he's in there tomorrow, but looks like he just going to need to keep hitting and the best us owners can hope for is that he hits his way into an every day role.
Image
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1457
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sean Rodriguez/Ryan Raburn playing time

Postby gatorgreenwell » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 am

k.k. wrote:Raburn is sitting again today too. Another annoying move for those fantasy owners who made a small investment in him late in the draft.


Boesch has cut somewhat into Raburn's playining time but Raburn has been sick the last few days.
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 270
Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron