Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gordon, batting 3rd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Gordon, batting 3rd

Postby Padsin05 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:38 pm

The Royals now plan to bat Alex Gordon third.
Gordon posted a lights-out .353/.470/.750 batting line with six home runs, 23 RBI and four stolen bases over 68 at-bats for the Royals this spring. Perhaps this is the season in which the talented 27-year-old puts it all together. "He’s really swinging the bat well," Kansas City skipper Ned Yost said Tuesday.
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Alex Gordon, batting 3rd

Postby wrveres » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

he is 3B/Of elig too ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Tavish » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Anything that keeps Getz and/or Kendall out of batting second is great. This doesn't change my expectations for Alex though, he still has a long way to go to prove he is anything more than a platoon hitter. Batting 3rd instead of 6th will give him a few more chances to score runs with his good OBP skills, but will likely have fewer chances to drive runners in without Butler and Kila in front of him.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby hot4tx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Hopefully he has decent BA and OBP numbers in April so he keeps the OF gig, but his power numbers are unspectacular enough for the guy in my league that drafted him can drop him and then I'll put him in a 3B platoon when he faces medium to easy RHP.

Step 3: profit.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:33 pm

I have him FINALLY breaking out to the tune of .280 Avg / 25 HR / 90 RBI / 13 SBs / 70 Runs

It's a longshot, I know, but he talents there, he's bound to figure it out!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:01 am

You show them, Alex!

3 more hits today and a bomb. ;-D

:-L :-L :-L
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 am

as of today I now own 4 royals.. (Butler, Kila, Soria and now Gordon) i don't think i like where this is going.. :-o
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Tavish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:06 am

lastingsgriller wrote:as of today I now own 4 royals.. (Butler, Kila, Soria and now Gordon) i don't think i like where this is going.. :-o

Break up the juggernaut Royals!
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:as of today I now own 4 royals.. (Butler, Kila, Soria and now Gordon) i don't think i like where this is going.. :-o

Considering Butler and Soria are the only two you had to invest heavily in, I'd say you're fine. Who knows if Kila and/or Gordon is still on your roster in June (my guess would be yes in both cases), but you know Soria and Butler will be just fine.

I'm very happy to have been first to the wire for Gordon so far... especially because I'm one who has fallen into the trap in recent years. Every year there's a player early in the season who you just have a sense has figured something out. I think I'm buying the hot start.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:08 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

Considering Butler and Soria are the only two you had to invest heavily in, I'd say you're fine. Who knows if Kila and/or Gordon is still on your roster in June (my guess would be yes in both cases), but you know Soria and Butler will be just fine.

I'm very happy to have been first to the wire for Gordon so far... especially because I'm one who has fallen into the trap in recent years. Every year there's a player early in the season who you just have a sense has figured something out. I think I'm buying the hot start.

i'm not saying to much about the investment or even the players as individuals. just strange to look at my fantasy team and see 4 royals sitting there. side note: Butler is ripping the cover off the ball. be nice to see a bit of a breakout in his power numbers this year.

hope you're right about gordon, man.. he laced another RBI double today..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers