Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gordon, batting 3rd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Alex Gordon, batting 3rd

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 pm

I like what I'm seeing so far! 5 doubles already, driving in runs, and just plain old hitting the ball with authority!!! I might've been drinking too much of my own Kool-Aid in my last draft of the season where I took Gordon as my STARTING 3rd baseman!!! LoL, Im gonna either look like a genius or the league idiot posting weekly "In need of an elite Third Baseman!"... Hahahaha but either way I'm "All-In" with Alex Gordon in 2011, he's either gonna figure it out at the ripe age of 27, or he's just another BUST! FWIW, I'm on the Hype-Train and think he's gonna RAKE and be on A LOT of Championship Teams in 2011!!!!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kingwilson22 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Metropolitans wrote:I like what I'm seeing so far! 5 doubles already, driving in runs, and just plain old hitting the ball with authority!!! I might've been drinking too much of my own Kool-Aid in my last draft of the season where I took Gordon as my STARTING 3rd baseman!!! LoL, Im gonna either look like a genius or the league idiot posting weekly "In need of an elite Third Baseman!"... Hahahaha but either way I'm "All-In" with Alex Gordon in 2011, he's either gonna figure it out at the ripe age of 27, or he's just another BUST! FWIW, I'm on the Hype-Train and think he's gonna RAKE and be on A LOT of Championship Teams in 2011!!!!

needs more exclamation points.
kingwilson22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 pm

kingwilson22 wrote:
Metropolitans wrote:I like what I'm seeing so far! 5 doubles already, driving in runs, and just plain old hitting the ball with authority!!! I might've been drinking too much of my own Kool-Aid in my last draft of the season where I took Gordon as my STARTING 3rd baseman!!! LoL, Im gonna either look like a genius or the league idiot posting weekly "In need of an elite Third Baseman!"... Hahahaha but either way I'm "All-In" with Alex Gordon in 2011, he's either gonna figure it out at the ripe age of 27, or he's just another BUST! FWIW, I'm on the Hype-Train and think he's gonna RAKE and be on A LOT of Championship Teams in 2011!!!!

needs more exclamation points.

My apologies for my lack of enthusiasm!!!!

You do know what the last 4 letters of enthusIASM stand for right!?!?!?

I
Am
Sold
Myself
!

P.S. I'm a brain washed salesman, just a byproduct of too many sales seminars and too many James Tracy / Og Mandino books!! Lol, anyone who is brainwashed by their sales manager knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!! Enthusiasm is THE key when trying to "sell" anything! Hence my enthusiasm for Alex Gordon's 2011 campaign!!!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 am

The most encouraging thing so far to me is that he has shown success against LHP. Gordon has always had the label as a guy who wouldn't take advice from any of the coaches but Seitzer seems to have finally gotten through to him about changing his mechanics and really focusing on going opposite field against lefties. The "easy out" chart against Gordon in the past was for lefties to throw him breaking stuff away and just watch him flail away at trying to pull it.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 am

Tavish wrote:The most encouraging thing so far to me is that he has shown success against LHP. Gordon has always had the label as a guy who wouldn't take advice from any of the coaches but Seitzer seems to have finally gotten through to him about changing his mechanics and really focusing on going opposite field against lefties. The "easy out" chart against Gordon in the past was for lefties to throw him breaking stuff away and just watch him flail away at trying to pull it.

Good post - have read the same stuff. I remember reading about Gordon working with Seitzer last off season and took a gamble on him in a number of drafts. Good thing last year's failures didn't sway me from the Seitzer induced Kool Aid again this season. :-)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah I actually looked yesterday at his lefty/right splits to see if I'd be benching/platooning him and noticed he's scolding lefties thus far! :-L
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mr. D » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Gordon?

I had him at the beginning of the season (I know, we are 6 games in) had picked him up as a FA then dropped him for some pitching help.....Beachy, Pineda were available.

Gordon just got dropped after 2 days with another team!

Guy's a hot potato!
Mr. D
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Mr. D wrote:Gordon?

I had him at the beginning of the season (I know, we are 6 games in) had picked him up as a FA then dropped him for some pitching help.....Beachy, Pineda were available.

Guy's a hot potato!

Can't imagine why he'd have been dropped within the last 2 days.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Mr. D wrote:Gordon?

Guy's a hot potato!

Can't imagine why he'd have been dropped within the last 2 days.

Yeah, if it's a shallow league and he dropped Gordon after the first game, I can see it. But there is no way you can drop this guy now. Although Pined shouldn't be on the wire either.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Mr. D » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 pm

I dropped him after first game b/c I realized I had not drafted enough pitching depth and saw Beachy & Pineda available. Last Mgr just dropped him after 3-4 very good games as you mentioned.

Its a 12 team H2H Yahoo nonkeeper

I sit at the 9 spot on waivers so I think I'll use the waiver to pick him up instead of letting him fly to FA. I plan to review teams 1-8 as well to see what their 3B situations are like. He may be tough to get now as his name is high on the transaction wire.
Mr. D
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers