Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mobile Apps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mobile Apps

Postby Matthias » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm

So I have a Droid 2 and was looking at what apps were available for baseball. There's an MLB At Bat Lite which is free; an MLB At Bat regular which is $15 and I suppose all sorts of other things. Is the MLB At Bat regular worth the $15? Anything else that does the same thing for free? Pretend that I can afford it but am cheap.

Selfishily, I'd like discussion on Droid apps but all of you IPhone and other people feel free to chime in, too and help each other out.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mobile Apps

Postby neoforce » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Here is the unique part: MLB At Bat lets you get audio stream of every game, choose home or away (or spanish) audio feed, no black outs. No other app will give you that. If you don't want the audio, then it probably isn't worth it as much.

Every year it is the best $15 I spend. Of course I'm an old geezer and have always thought of baseball as a radio sport.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -4)

Postby neoforce » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:59 pm

garf112 wrote: I also have Rotowire's fantasy news center, which is awesome

I'm looking for the ultimate player update app. Rotowire could be except that they only keep about 25 recent player updates. If it kept 200 it would mean I wouldn't miss any. I've sent that as a feedback, maybe if enough people did so they would make the change.

Fanball's app was by far the best for player updates. But when fanball went bellyup, so did the app.

Rotoworld.com on my pc is my favorite player updates. On their app though, it stinks. Its the NBCsports app and you have to navigate to get to player updates and when you get there it is impossible to navigate.

I haven't checked out sportstap yet, does that have player updates?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:01 pm

I've got the rotowire, fantasy guru, and mlb at bat apps. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby Holein1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:52 pm

My favorite app right now is fantasy sports coach. Its like the cafe here where you can bounce questions off people but I can do it on my iphone. Well worth the 99 cents.

I have use KFFL's app. Its good but they do not update it quick enough.
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby BossMan82 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 am

Ditto on Fantasy Sports Coach. Really nice app for fantasy advice. KFFL's app is nice too, but seem to just link to the website for information, which makes it slower. The ESPN Scorecenter app is really nice too. AND, I use MyFantasyTeams or Fantasy Monster to check stats on my teams.
BossMan82
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Holein1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 pm

is there a app for cbssports.com to make roster moves
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby neoforce » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Holein1 wrote:is there a app for cbssports.com to make roster moves

Yes, there is a cbssports.com app (for iphone at least) And it stinks. From what I've seen, ESPN is the best app to manage your league, Yahoo is second, and cbssports is the worst. I guess its because you get what you pay for.... oh wait... I'm paying for my league on cbssports. For a long time I thought it was worth the cost, but they just aren't keeping up now and it may be time to look elsewhere.
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Just got the iPhone today and am absolutely loving the ESPN Fantasy Baseball app.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby mkultra » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

If you're an MLB.tv subscriber, At Bat lets you watch live games.

The CBS app is useful for staying on top of your league's scoring, but the roster and add/drop interface is unusable.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers