Return to Baseball Leftovers

Howie Kendrick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie Kendrick

Postby baseball77 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm

hit his 4th HR already this year. He's 1 shy of half his 2010 totals in the first week of the season. Is this FINALLY his breakout season that so many have been waiting for?
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Howie Kendrick

Postby LMack » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:08 pm

I think we could see an increase on his 2009 and 2010 homeruns, but I'm not blindly bullish. 3 out of Kendrick's 4 homeruns this year are classified as "Just Enoughs" on http://hittrackeronline.com/, so the early power surge seems a bit fluky. All things considered, I'd be pleased with a 15/15 season with good AVG and decent counting stats. He may even reach the 20 HR threshold this year, but it's no where near a lock.
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:05 pm

I expected a power breakout this year but with a player as established as Kendrick a breakout usually means add 5-6 HR to his previous totals. The current pace is most likely just a fluke.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't believe Kendrick will hit 15-20 HR, 10-15 being more like his range. I will say that if he continues to hit well, he'll see better pitches batting 2nd (higher run total, .280-290 average). It seemed to me Kendrick was more undervalued going into this season than in prior seasons and so, either way, he'll post a solid return.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Return to Baseball Leftovers