Return to Baseball Leftovers

M. Bradley's New Home?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JoseCanYouSee » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:23 pm

So who's going to be the starting CF in Cleveland, Escobar or Crisp? I have Escobar for $2 and was wondering if I should keep him in an AL-only, 13 team league. I wouldn't have to drop anyone else. Is he worth it?
Junior: "Hey Kramer, you ever killed a man?"
Kramer: "What do you think, Junior, these hands have been soaking in Ivory liquid?
JoseCanYouSee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 41
Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:59 pm

I'd keep Escobar at $2.

The NY Post reports that the Mets haven't made any contact with the Indians yet (or ever, I hope).

I don't know that Escobar has enough plate discipline to play in the majors yet, but I don't know if Crisp has the arm to man center field.

I guess I like Crisp in the role right now, though I could see Escobar taking it from him by the all-star break.
Absolutely Adequate
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4830
(Past Year: -170)
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:31 pm

stumpak wrote:The Padres would never trade for him simply because it would mean admittign that signing Payton was stupid even before the season starts and he has a chance to hit .250.

The more I think about this, the more I think the Dodgers and the Cardinals are the most likely options, unless something wierd happens, like Selig tries to deflect all the criticism of his management of the Brewers by giving up on the Brewers 85 2B prospects for Bradley.


LOL. Actually, I agree completely. If the Dodgers take him he'll be injured for at least half of the year. If the Cardinals take him he'll be an All-Star. ;-)
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:26 pm

stumpak wrote:One other thing--people have been talking about Bradley's limited power, but he had a crap load of doubles last year--34 in just 377ABs. That makes me think that 1) if he went to small park like Arlington a lot of those would turn into HRs and 2) if he adds just a little strength, some of those will be flying over the fence, so Dodger stadium may be more of a negative than has been speculated in this thread. I personally had counted on him to crank at least 20 in Cleveland this year based on how his power numbers have been evolving.


do u play baseball? i dont understand when people say this, because there are alot of ways u can get a double in baseball. you dont only get a double when you one hop a ball into the home run fence. they can be balls down in the corner, linedrives to the alleys. or ANYTHING into the alleys.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8664
(Past Year: -227)
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:45 pm

RynMan wrote:
stumpak wrote:One other thing--people have been talking about Bradley's limited power, but he had a crap load of doubles last year--34 in just 377ABs. That makes me think that 1) if he went to small park like Arlington a lot of those would turn into HRs and 2) if he adds just a little strength, some of those will be flying over the fence, so Dodger stadium may be more of a negative than has been speculated in this thread. I personally had counted on him to crank at least 20 in Cleveland this year based on how his power numbers have been evolving.


do u play baseball? i dont understand when people say this, because there are alot of ways u can get a double in baseball. you dont only get a double when you one hop a ball into the home run fence. they can be balls down in the corner, linedrives to the alleys. or ANYTHING into the alleys.


Pierre, one of the fastest guys in the bigs, had 28 doubles last year in twice the ABs. Doubles usually tell a story of a guy that is really close to hitting homers. Added strength and a smaller park would turn some of those doubles into homers.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby ashay21 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:10 pm

recent rumors are saying it's Texas or the Mets....


Which stadium will give Bradley better numbers???
ashay21 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 102
Joined: 20 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:32 pm

ashay21 wrote:recent rumors are saying it's Texas or the Mets....


Which stadium will give Bradley better numbers???
Ballpark in Arlington will give him better numbers than Shea would.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1881
(Past Year: -181)
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby canibus » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:36 pm

Andy1234 wrote:
ashay21 wrote:recent rumors are saying it's Texas or the Mets....


Which stadium will give Bradley better numbers???
Ballpark in Arlington will give him better numbers than Shea would.


All this because he's a baby and can't run out a fly ball, eh? Man, I wouldn't want him and his poor attitude on my team. Guess he's too good to pass on though, huh?
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 978
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 3 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: behind the dugout

Postby TownDrunk » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Grissom and Cain for Bradley.

Come on Sabes! :-b
Image

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 696
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 6 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby kabd69667 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:30 pm

http://www.indians.com/ is reporting serious talks with the Mets for pitching.
kabd69667
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 106
Joined: 14 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron