Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Fantasy Baseball Sites To Use For 2004?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Fantasy Baseball Sites To Use For 2004?

Postby DeanM » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:33 pm

We're running on Yahoo Premium and HATE it. They are terrible this season and are going to move to another site.

Anyone have any suggestions on a site they like that doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

Thanks.
DeanM
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fishingmn » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:58 pm

Check the usual suspects I guess (think they all charge) -

ESPN
Sportsline
Sporting News
Fanball - have had good luck with their football management
fishingmn
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)

Postby ximan » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:00 pm

We're running ours on Sportsline. Lots of content and options for custom league rules. they are a little weak on handling minor league rosters though

;-D
ximan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:01 pm

Thanks...After already handing Yahoo $125 for the season, I don't want my teams to have to pay ESPN's ludicrous fees ($29.95/team!). CBS is a strong possibility and I really wanted to use Fanball but can't locate anything but a football management offer.

Sportings News is another I'll take a look at.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BoogieKnights » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:03 pm

I wouldn't be so quick to leave Yahoo! The season hasn't really started yet, and I'm guessing they'll get most if not all of their problems fixed by Monday.

This is my fourth baseball season with Yahoo! (as a private league), and we've had NO complaints or problems until this spring. Plus ... IT'S FREE!
BoogieKnights
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jwhands » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Sportline blows, IMO. The draft is set up horribly. Many people kept getting kicked out and wound up with awful picks. It's difficult to navigate regarding waivers/trades. The only good thing is player analysis. It is very informative there. I'd stick it out with Yahoo. I just wished they would set up Keeper compatible live drafts.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -150)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:51 pm

Oh man. A keeper-friendly draft format would be outstanding on Yahoo.

Now, as for sticking it out with Yahoo and the "it's free!" comment above, the reason we are so disappointed with Yahoo is that we are using the Plus Service for our league, which is not "free", it cost us $125.00. It's my opinion that for $125 I should be able to get an inquiry answered or better yet, resolved within 48 hours.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Yahoo

Postby lifeform » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:56 pm

Stick w/ Yahoo. It's not perfect, but it's the best of the bunch.
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bse53 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:02 pm

We've been pretty happy with TQStats. We've had a few problems, but they always answer the phone.
bse53
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Yahoo Rules

Postby Ry-Guy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:06 pm

It's a good thing Yahoo is free or a lot of people would be furious with their services thus far. One option I think Yahoo needs to give private users: the ability to regulate player position eligibility. If I run a private league I should be able to give a player new eligibility after 5 games or 10 game instead of waiting for Yahoo to change it after 15 games. Mark Teixeira not having outfield eligibility is absurd. Also, I don't understand why Yahoo waits so long to add so many minor leaguers on the verge of stardom. For example, they should have Cole Hammels and a few others in their database right now. In years past, I lost Prior and Harden on waivers because Yahoo waited forever to add them, even though I knew about them months before.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers