Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby JCD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

There is a small YAHOO Fantasy Football front page problem.
I just replied to a message, and last post is still showing 5 days ago, so it looks like instead of Last Post time it actually shows First Post time.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 am

JCD wrote:There is a small YAHOO Fantasy Football front page problem.
I just replied to a message, and last post is still showing 5 days ago, so it looks like instead of Last Post time it actually shows First Post time.

This has been a sporadic problem in all my YPro baseball leagues for a long time.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:00 am

A stat correction was applied to Tyler Lyons on Sunday, Aug 3.

i havent had Lyons on my roster in months. i think i spot started him back then. Im not sure why im getting this message, but its happened twice now.
I hope this isnt going against my totals. it could ruin the faith people put into Yahoos tracking real quick, and nothing could ruin a game quicker than bad stat tracking.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby hondo4mvp » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:20 am

Of all possible times(other then when they did it during the championship round a few years ago) does Yahoo choose to shut down their baseball servers in order to tweak their football servers before a travel day at 2 AM?It couldn't have been a regularly scheduled day?It couldn't have been during the middle of the day so we couldn't change our rosters before a travel day? Yahoo doesn't have any software people smart enough to know they can be on different servers?

Anyway,love the hot blond CEO and all the pretty colors and less information on the Yahoo site the last couple years.

Great job Yahoo.
hondo4mvp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 pm

hondo4mvp wrote:Of all possible times(other then when they did it during the championship round a few years ago) does Yahoo choose to shut down their baseball servers in order to tweak their football servers before a travel day at 2 AM?It couldn't have been a regularly scheduled day?It couldn't have been during the middle of the day so we couldn't change our rosters before a travel day? Yahoo doesn't have any software people smart enough to know they can be on different servers?

Anyway,love the hot blond CEO and all the pretty colors and less information on the Yahoo site the last couple years.

Great job Yahoo.

Am I allowed to be more snarky now that I don't work there anymore? ;-)

With it all being so simple, it is a miracle there aren't hundreds of similar sites in existence. Of course they could be on different servers. I'm sure nobody would complain if Yahoo! stopped developing new features to enable an otherwise invisible change like that. And I'm sure nobody would mind paying for fantasy sports again to buy the huge numbers of servers you're proposing. And I think what you're proposing is that they would have made many more people happy if they shut things down midday than at 2 in the morning? I can assure you that isn't true, and aside from a very short window every year during the baseball all-star break, there is really NO time they can take downtime without somebody getting upset. I wasn't awake at 2am to see this particular outrageous act, but was there something in particular tying it to football? Because in the 8 years or so that I worked there, when baseball people blamed football for something, they were wrong 99% of the time.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Am I allowed to be more snarky now that I don't work there anymore? ;-)
absolutely. ive been waiting. i dont know how you just sit back and read to be honest with ya. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby ensanimal » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
hondo4mvp wrote:Of all possible times(other then when they did it during the championship round a few years ago) does Yahoo choose to shut down their baseball servers in order to tweak their football servers before a travel day at 2 AM?It couldn't have been a regularly scheduled day?It couldn't have been during the middle of the day so we couldn't change our rosters before a travel day? Yahoo doesn't have any software people smart enough to know they can be on different servers?

Great job Yahoo.

Am I allowed to be more snarky now that I don't work there anymore? ;-)

With it all being so simple, it is a miracle there aren't hundreds of similar sites in existence. Of course they could be on different servers. I'm sure nobody would complain if Yahoo! stopped developing new features to enable an otherwise invisible change like that. And I'm sure nobody would mind paying for fantasy sports again to buy the huge numbers of servers you're proposing. And I think what you're proposing is that they would have made many more people happy if they shut things down midday than at 2 in the morning? I can assure you that isn't true, and aside from a very short window every year during the baseball all-star break, there is really NO time they can take downtime without somebody getting upset. I wasn't awake at 2am to see this particular outrageous act, but was there something in particular tying it to football? Because in the 8 years or so that I worked there, when baseball people blamed football for something, they were wrong 99% of the time.

Love this. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:17 am

When you are on a Yahoo player page, how come theres no way to easily jump to a different players page?

The search icon just takes you to google, and for the life of me I cant find anywhere that says 'player search' or something similar.
Is it there, and im just not seeing it?

Seems counterproductive for Yahoo to direct its customers to a competitors web site
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 am

Can Cargo be removed from the can't cut list?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby ensanimal » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:30 pm

When searching for a FA using the App I can't filter by Probable Starter and I'm pretty sure you used to be able to.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers