Return to Baseball Leftovers

More Jimy stupidity...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:31 pm

F man...GOD. I might need to get another 3B now, just in case Ensberg gets benched every other day. It's inexcusable that MIKE LAMB is getting PT in front of Morgan. Is there any site that has lineups before games start?

Speaking of dumb mangerial moves, why's Tim Laker catching for Cleveland tonight? Now I can't get a catcher that's going to catch every f'ing night, too?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:13 pm

That's not quite as dumb as leaving Oswalt in last night, close though...

I'd be very happy to see the Astros institutionalize stupidity...if I didn't have Ensberg AND Dmitri...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:49 am

warrick95 wrote:Speaking of dumb mangerial moves, why's Tim Laker catching for Cleveland tonight?

Laker hit a homer too. Lol. :-D

As to Ensberg, I'm not surprised he hit the bench, just didn't expect it to be this soon. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:02 am

Ensberg sharing time with Lamb shouldnt be a suprise. We were all over this when Lamb got traded to Houston. The problem is that no one knows how often or when Ensberg will sit.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -213)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:41 pm

bleach168 wrote:No, the Astros will make the playoffs.

Jimy will get fired soon.

I think its great when someone rads your mind perfectly. Jimy Williams will in fact be fired soon and will enjoy rounds of golf with Larry Bowa, if either team starts off slow. Hmmm... 0-2, 0-1 respectively. "Gentleman, I belive your next up on the teebox..."
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)

Postby zEli173 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:53 pm

Talk about looking at things through a fantasy colored lense. It doesn't make too much sense to me that Lamb will get a lot of playing time, but Ensberg isn't a superstar, he's a good player that a lot of managers have pinned their 3B hopes on. I've gotta believe the Astros will be better playing Ensberg every day, but there's a logic to keeping your bench players in the fold. At the very least, it certainly makes sense that Jimy would want to get all his players some time right away so they can get the early season butterflies out of the way. I'm not so sure about sitting Ensberg in the future but I think yesterday's lineup decision was a very nice move.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby UTbdiddy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:02 pm

I am tired of seeing this crap from Jimy. He usually leaves me scratching my head at least a couple of times a game. Last year he shifted the lineup daily and continually sat our best players. How is a guy suppossed to get into a groove when he has to sit every other day!

On a side note, why was jose vizcaino (man i hate him) pinch hitting late in the game with hitters like orlando palmeiro, jason lane and ensberg on the bench? Doesnt make any sense to me.

I really hope Jimy is fired before it is too late.
UTbdiddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Liberty30 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:49 pm

"I'm just trying to get everybody in the game as soon as I can," Williams told the Houston Chronicle. "Don't read anything into it. To me, Morgan is still our third baseman, but I want to try to get some guys in there as soon as I can. It just creates a better atmosphere and they feel like they're part of the team. It's not like Mike Lamb doesn't deserve to play. He's a good player, a good hitter. Morgan is, too"

Whew

Thank you fanball.com for easing my mind

;-D
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers