Return to Baseball Leftovers

Talking Alvarez, Erasmo, and Eaton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Talking Alvarez, Erasmo, and Eaton

Postby nantben » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 am

First off, Pedro Alvarez is driving me crazy. I look at his June: 309/380/680 15/10/24, and I want him. Then I look at his astronomical HR/FB rate (32.4), which has to regress to his average somewhere from 20-25. And he strikes out 1/3 of his ab's. Crazy. What do you guys think?

Second- I am wondering who you all like better ROS: Erasmo Ramirez or Adam Eaton? Regardless of anything- just value, player ranking anything.
nantben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Talking Alvarez, Erasmo, and Eaton

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 pm

I came here to talk Erasmo, so I guess this is where I can do it.
7 ER yesterday. ouch.
what does Seattle do? to the minors. AAA? nope. AA? nope. boom, to A ball. although with a reason.
Mariners optioned RHP Erasmo Ramirez to Low-A Everett.
Ramirez gets the boot after he was hammered for seven runs over just 4 2/3 innings in his season debut Thursday. Still, he's capable of much better, and should be back shortly after the All-Star break. The move to Low-A is just to assure that he will stay on turn.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Re: Talking Alvarez, Erasmo, and Eaton

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm

I've read that the move was just to keep him on schedule and he'll be back after the break.

And I'd take Eaton over Orgasmo Ramirez. But only if Eaton is playing everyday. The ARZ OF is a little crowded right now.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Return to Baseball Leftovers