Return to Baseball Leftovers

what's cleveland saying this morning about Riske???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what's cleveland saying this morning about Riske???

Postby jabe26 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:17 am

Did he lose the closer spot already or what????
jabe26
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Onyx » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:29 am

Doubt it.
Rotoworld -
David Riske blew a save for the Indians when he gave up a game-tying, two-run homer to Jacque Jones with two outs in the ninth.
The Twins went on to win in 15 innings. Don't worry about Riske; he'll be fine -- probably a whole lot better -- as Cleveland's closer.

TSN -
The Indians' bullpen, which was believed to be a strength coming into the season, blew another late lead Tuesday. This time, it was Riske. The closer gave up a game-tying, two-run homer in the ninth.
Fantasy Source spin: The good news is that Scott Stewart and Jose Jimenez have been shaky as well, so there is no danger of Riske losing save chances at this point.
;-D
Onyx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Cow » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:33 pm

I am from Cleveland and I am not allowed to say what I would like to say about Riske or anybody in the Tribe bullpen in this forum. IMO Riske is not a very good closer, yes he saved 7 in 7 chances last year, but they should have signed Uggie. Though Uggie isn't ready yet. However, Riske job is safe as nobody seems to want to step up in that bullpen and there is nobody in the minore ready to close.

Later and go tribe all the way in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Tride maybe

Postby JOEG » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Twins fan here, you are probably right about the tibe in 2011!

Actually they are my pick next year, as your outfield is going to become real good soon, plus you'll have plenty of money to sign some bookends to surround Davis and Lee in the rotation. My Twins well always be a above average team, thats it
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:37 pm

Rotoworld -
David Riske blew a save for the Indians when he gave up a game-tying, two-run homer to Jacque Jones with two outs in the ninth.
The Twins went on to win in 15 innings. Don't worry about Riske; he'll be fine -- probably a whole lot better -- as Cleveland's closer.
[/quote]

All the more reason to try and trade for him. Convince the guy who has him that he is garbage.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:38 pm

The Cow wrote:I am from Cleveland and I am not allowed to say what I would like to say about Riske or anybody in the Tribe bullpen in this forum. IMO Riske is not a very good closer, yes he saved 7 in 7 chances last year, but they should have signed Uggie. Though Uggie isn't ready yet. However, Riske job is safe as nobody seems to want to step up in that bullpen and there is nobody in the minore ready to close.

Riske will be better this year than Uggie...Urbina is over-rated.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:
The Cow wrote:I am from Cleveland and I am not allowed to say what I would like to say about Riske or anybody in the Tribe bullpen in this forum. IMO Riske is not a very good closer, yes he saved 7 in 7 chances last year, but they should have signed Uggie. Though Uggie isn't ready yet. However, Riske job is safe as nobody seems to want to step up in that bullpen and there is nobody in the minore ready to close.

Riske will be better this year than Uggie...Urbina is over-rated.

Agreed
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby The Cow » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:13 pm

Riske is the overrated one in this cafe. The guy has not shown that he has the cajonas to be a major league closer. Riske is a 1 pitch pitcher. I think Riske would be a fine set-up man, but a closer no way is he nearly as good as Urbina.

As for the Tribe having money to spend on free agents, I don't know this owner is CHEAP! Dolan says that when the fans come to the games he will have the money to sign free agents, but the fans say when the Tribe puts a major league team out there then we will come to the games. I say sign some free agents and get a major league team out there. Cleveland fans will pay to see a winner, I was at the Cavs game last night and there must have been 20,000 fans, why?? Because the fans can see some light at the end of the tunnel in James and Boozer. As for the Tribe there is no superstar and none on the horizon. The closest thing they had to a superstar was Game Boy and they gave him away to the Dodgers.

C-OW!

One last note Cleveland fans will pay to see the Browns win or lose, this is a football town.
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby stumpak » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:14 pm

Who else are they going to plug-in, Jose Jimenez? Give me a break, Riske will have to get shelled repeatedly to lose his job because there is no alternative.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:19 pm

when is wickman due to arrive on the scene?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers