Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heard any word on Reyes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Heard any word on Reyes?

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:57 am

i have reyes, schmidt and dmitri young all banged up. and now, maybe even santana. just looking for a ray of hope, here.

so, yeah, any word on reyes?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:04 am

Check out rotoworld.com. Latest word is that he is set to play in a minor league game this weekend, and may or (more than likely) may not be ready for the Mets home opener come Monday. Seems do seem like they are progressing, though....

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:10 am

It seems to me that as fine a player as Reyes is, the uncertainty about his health makes him too risky. He had injuries last year, and the same problems are flaring up again. Basically, you have to simply guess as to whether or not he can remain healthy, and going on past experiences, it is apparent that he cannot.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pujolsisthebestin04 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:40 am

pujolsisthebestin04
College Coach
College Coach

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:18 pm

:-t stinks...([STINKS}...*stinks*{stinks!}) !+)

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby canibus » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:42 pm

Yep, guess they don't want him playing in cold weather when he could be rehabbing. Seems like they pushed the timetable back just a bit. Man, I just hope he's back by the 18th or so.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby BabyBoomer » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:19 pm

They are actually saying in New York that he is going to be back either in San Juan Vs Montreal or in the Home opener.

It seems to me that as fine a player as Reyes is, the uncertainty about his health makes him too risky. He had injuries last year, and the same problems are flaring up again. Basically, you have to simply guess as to whether or not he can remain healthy, and going on past experiences, it is apparent that he cannot.

He is not risky. None of his injuries were any biggie. The mets are just trying protecting him to much. He could have played alot last year but since the mets were playing for nothing, they decided not to play him.
BabyBoomer
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers