Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:44 am

I flipped over to the Yankee game during the Mets game and their announcers were talking about Soriano. The announcers said that Texas' clubhouse and management were completely disgusted with Soriano's attitude and play so far. He's on the trading block and it was all but a done deal that he would be an ex-Ranger very soon.

Since all the talk about a Mets/Rangers deal died down I haven't heard anything about Soriano. So I was surprised to hear it and wonder if there's some validity to this.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:52 am

well, there is and there isn't. A lot of experts have him going to a lot of places, but I doubt it is because of his attitude. They can get some seriously good pitching help for him which is why they are dangling him to the rest of the league. I could see him being moved by the deadline, but the Rangers are team on the come up, so they might stick with him.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -74)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:18 pm

Nooo, the Ballpark at Arlington is a great place for Sori to hit. ;-D Don't want a trade...but hmm...what about Soriano for Tsao. :-B It seems like the teams that have hitting parks haven't succeeded as of late. Texas, Colorado. I don't know if that's a result of not being able to find a proper strategy to take advantage of their home park, or because of the franchises themselves.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby sigtaulefty » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:24 pm

There's been speculation on WFAN either with the announcers or the call ins that the Mets should've traded Reyes or Kazmir for Soriano, but I think Sori stays put. His attitude about what position he wanted to play isn't going to be enough to trade him without getting a very good pitcher in return for Texas.
"I'd like the thank the good lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio
sigtaulefty
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:26 pm

hope Mike and the Mad Dog didn't tell you that. You can take what they with a grain of salt, even though they come on at 1 so I guess they haven't said it yet. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Good Afternoon Everybody! How are today?!?!
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:27 pm

I was surprised at the big deal they made out of Soriano's attitude. They said he refused to move to the OF and I didn't even realize TEX was trying to play him out there. I wish I coould get a transcription of the YES broadcast because it really sounded as if he was coming out of left field, pun intended. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:30 pm

Despite what they say Soriano was a bad move for the Mets IMHO. When he x-ed any chance of a deal by running his mouth in the papers I was very happy. I would love his bat, who wouldn't, but the Mets need to rebuild on a foundation of defense and pitching, not defensive liabilities. Just my 2 cents.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Robert DeNiro » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:32 pm

Why don't the Yankees make a trade and get Soriano back, they need a 2B.
All my posts regard H2H (yahoo), I don't play Roto.
Robert DeNiro
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:34 pm

Who are they going to trade? It won't be from their wealth of minor league talent. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:35 pm

Robert DeNiro wrote:Why don't the Yankees make a trade and get Soriano back, they need a 2B.

Because they are thinking about making Aaron Boone their second baseman when he gets healthy.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers