Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Robert DeNiro » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Who needs Boone when you can have Soriano
All my posts regard H2H (yahoo), I don't play Roto.
Robert DeNiro
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby John Bonzo » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:36 pm

I heard an interview with Buck Showalter and he seemed to be very pleased with Soriano. He said a lot of stuff of how he "came to the park every day ready to play," "he liked the excitement that soriano brought," "always had a smile on his face," etc.

On the ESPN game on monday, the announcers (when talking about Michael Young's move to SS) said that Soriano had said that he did not want to play SS or OF. However, i specifically remember articles quoting Soriano as saying that he would play wherever they put him, but he preferred 2B.

Personally, i think that people are looking into the situation way too much. Much of the media (especially game announcers) just want something interesting to talk about.

However, i wouldnt be surprised in the least if Texas traded Soriano this season, if they can get a good pitching prospect in return...not because they want to get rid of Soriano, but because they really need pitching badly, and they can plug in Eric Young at 2B the rest of the season.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Re: Soriano

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:I flipped over to the Yankee game during the Mets game and their announcers were talking about Soriano. The announcers said that Texas' clubhouse and management were completely disgusted with Soriano's attitude and play so far. He's on the trading block and it was all but a done deal that he would be an ex-Ranger very soon.

Notice that's the Yankee announcers saying that.

There isn't much talk of moving Soriano here in Texas. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do move him, but there isn't any real talk about it going on down here.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby esm » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:17 pm

Don't be surprised if the Dodgers make a run at Soriano now that the new owner, McCourt, has all the transition business out of the way.

A good pitcher + $$$ = a 40-40 Dodger!
3andOut: Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
esm
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby GameOn » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:32 pm

esm wrote:Don't be surprised if the Dodgers make a run at Soriano now that the new owner, McCourt, has all the transition business out of the way.

A good pitcher + $$$ = a 40-40 Dodger!

Paul Depodesta = No Soriano
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby sigtaulefty » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:00 pm

Robert DeNiro wrote:Who needs Boone when you can have Soriano

(hopefully) if Boone comes back, he'll be a better defensive 2B than Sori was. In that lineup, a guy like Sori gets lost. He really turned me off last year during the playoffs when he was almost an automatic out. If I had the choice, I'd dump Lofton and sign/trade Beltran either before July or in the offseason. Let Sori alone.
"I'd like the thank the good lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio
sigtaulefty
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Runningman » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:15 pm

sigtaulefty wrote:If I had the choice, I'd dump Lofton and sign/trade Beltran either before July or in the offseason.

I think if anyone on planet Earth had the choice, they'd dump lofton and sign Beltran as soon as possible.
Runningman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:40 pm

Runningman wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:If I had the choice, I'd dump Lofton and sign/trade Beltran either before July or in the offseason.

I think if anyone on planet Earth had the choice, they'd dump lofton and sign Beltran as soon as possible.

I agree. Every team would prefer Beltran. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers