Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Preston Wilson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Preston Wilson?

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:13 pm

I have Wilson on one of my teams, but he's kinda scaring me. Playing in pain in April is no good, but I don't think I'll get any decent value for a trade.

Keep him, shop him? Thoughts appreciated.

- Rob
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Keep

Postby Z-Dog » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:33 pm

Preston will have a very strong year. If you are an active manager, you can really take advantage of it. Basically, Wilson has chronic knee (leg?) paid, so to make sure it doesn't get worse, Clint Hurdle will sit him in every day game played directly after a night game.

If you are on top of your team, you can anticipate those game and sub for him. Get a strong backup like Gerut and you won't miss much.

Even missing those games, Wilson will exceed 35 HR and 120RBI w/o much problem. Remember, this guy broke the NL record for RBI before the break last year.
"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."
Z-Dog
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:21 pm

i dont think wilson will come close to matching his numbers from last year. he wont be bad but he will be a disappointment if you drafted him in the 3rd round like the average ESPN drafter. if you can get full value from him i would deal him. if you cant then just keep him as he will still be good, just not a stud.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers