Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Next Loaiza is another White Sox...!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:26 am

Actually it's more Ted Turner I hate than the Braves, but I tend to dislike his team thru association.

I am a M Giles owner though, so I'll be rooting for him. :-)

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:24 am

i've actually liked garland for a while, but he's always a tease. can he put it all together? i dunno, but he could easily win 12-16 with solid run support. with that in mind: garland or loshe?????
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:56 am

7 walks, no K's. I'll pass. The lack of ER doesn't sway my decision at all. ER are luck, but WHIP determines how good a pitcher will be. I don't think I'd like to have either him or Lohse, but if somebody put a gun to my head I'd pick Garland.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby KULCAT » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:58 am

If Garland is this years Loaiza then i guess we will be saying how bad he is next year
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mtarail » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:53 pm

Jeez, When a guy (AKA GARLAND's) career whip is 1.46 then you better be real concerned when he walks 7. 7 walked runners illustrates that he's doing better getting guys out but is having similar location problems to what has plagued him throughout his career. If you ask me, 7 walked runners is a warning sign that he's not gonna be keeping this up. Either he'll keep walking guys and get into jams or he'll give up more hits trying to put fastballs in the strikezone.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:57 pm

DGroundhog wrote:AJ Burnett pitched a no-hitter with 9 walks, many people dismissed his performance because of the 9 walks. Some actually said the walks made that performance all the more impressive, as he was usually pitching with someone on base. Burnett turned in a damn fine season that year.

Obviously the walks are a small concern, but you can't dismiss his performance because he walked a few guys. If he continues to walk guys, yes it is a likely problem.

He isn't hitting my roster yet, but I wouldn't ignore him because he had 7 walsk.

Didn't Matt Clement do the same thing last year? No-hitter through 5 or 6 and they took him out because he threw a ton of walks?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers