Return to Baseball Leftovers

DOCTORS COMFIRM!!! Carlos Beltran is OVERRATED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DOCTORS COMFIRM!!! Carlos Beltran is OVERRATED

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:58 pm

A team of doctors and experts have decided to issue a recall on Carlos Beltran. The manufacturer fears a backlash from the community after tests confirmed that the product does not perform as advertised. Dr. Quickfingerz, a highly renowned fantasy baseball statistician states that, "batting #2 will noticably reduce his stolen base and RBI opportunities. I reccomend trading him now while his value is high". Although growingly pessimistic, he does state that a return to no. 3 will likely bring Beltran to fantasy excellence. However, an immediate lineup shuffle does not seem iminent.

Carlos Beltran owners please BEWARE!
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:10 pm

i hope this is a joke.....
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:13 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:i hope this is a joke.....

For intelligence sake, I hope your post was a joke
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fezzik » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:18 pm

I think he was referring to the fact you think Beltran is overrated...I hope you're joking as well.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Re: DOCTORS COMFIRM!!! Carlos Beltran is OVERRATED

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:20 pm

quickfingerz wrote:A team of doctors and experts have decided to issue a recall on Carlos Beltran. The manufacturer fears a backlash from the community after tests confirmed that the product does not perform as advertised. Dr. Quickfingerz, a highly renowned fantasy baseball statistician states that, "batting #2 will noticably reduce his stolen base and RBI opportunities. I reccomend trading him now while his value is high". Although growingly pessimistic, he does state that a return to no. 3 will likely bring Beltran to fantasy excellence. However, an immediate lineup shuffle does not seem iminent.

Carlos Beltran owners please BEWARE!

you recommend trading and 1-2 round pick in the first week of the season? Im sorry, but it seems your fantasy baseball sense is a joke.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:20 pm

I was serious about Beltran being overrated due to batting #2. Sorry if the post lacked comical value. I'm trying!

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:21 pm

i'm really curious how batting at the top of the line up will reduce his SB's. it seems to be the people that steal a lot of bases ARE at the top of the line up. as for rbi chances, of course he will prolly have a few less chances but it will not change that much. if you look at his stats and compare him batting 2nd to batting 3rd, you will realize he is actually better in every category when he is batting 2nd.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby fezzik » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:23 pm

I guess I'm defensive because I have him in my OF. I don't see his SB's dropping while batting 2nd. His RBI's may drop, but his Runs should go up a little. Plus, I think he'll hit 30+ HR's. All in all, a very nice fantasy stud.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Re: DOCTORS COMFIRM!!! Carlos Beltran is OVERRATED

Postby quickfingerz » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:56 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:you recommend trading and 1-2 round pick in the first week of the season? Im sorry, but it seems your fantasy baseball sense is a joke.

Whoa! Whoa! hold on there. That also makes no sense. If you first rounder were batting 7th instead of 3rd after the first week, you'd alter that players value.

Everything unfolds during the first week. I had Beltran rated high until seeing that he'd bat 2nd.

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:15 pm

to trade a guy who you picked in the 1st-2nd round who is playing everyday in the first week of the season is a panicky move. There is like 157 games left in the season for beltran. Because he moved one posistion down in the order, where he will lose some rbis while gaining more runs and SBs, is not a reason to trade him. It decreases his value by a very small amount. He is still one of the top OFs in the game.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers