Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROID BOYZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROID BOYZ

Postby Ry-Guy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:20 pm

I know the steroid accusations are flying and there's a good chance that names will be named all season long. In your opinion, what current playerS do you think definitely juiced at one time in their career? Here are my suspects:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Jason Giambi
3. Gary Sheffield
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Jeff Bagwell
7. Luis Gonzalez
8. Carlos Delgado
9. Bret Boone
10. Larry Walker
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Clean » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:28 pm

Bagwell, maybe.

But you are just adding to the ignorant and annoying finger-pointing.

Since August, I put on around 30 pounds of muscle eating tons of protein and working out correctly. Look up the name Doggcrapp and his training system. Now imagine if I had tons of money and a personal trainer and all I did was play and train. People make it seem like it's impossible to put on muscle without steroids. Morons.
Clean

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:29 pm

Brett Boone for sure. Anyone seen his body? His neck is like 23 inches now :-o . Sammy is kinda borderline because i think he may have taken something like andro (guess that's a steriod).
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:32 pm

Clean wrote:Bagwell, maybe.

Since August, I put on around 30 pounds of muscle eating tons of protein and working out correctly. Look up the name Doggcrapp and his training system. Now imagine if I had tons of money and a personal trainer and all I did was play and train. People make it seem like it's impossible to put on muscle without steroids. Morons.

I work out a ton myself, and 30 pounds in 7+ months isn't hard at all to do. People only suspect when you exceed your norm in rediculous fashion.
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

I doubt Luis G

Postby Bring_back_the_roar_of_84 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:33 pm

I just don't see him doing that. but Bonds Boon and Sosa are poster boys of skinny nuts gone huge
Bring_back_the_roar_of_84

Postby Clean » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:35 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:I work out a ton myself, and 30 pounds in 7+ months isn't hard at all to do. People only suspect when you exceed your norm in rediculous fashion.

Bonds isn't really that big though. Neither are the other guys. Compared to the average mediaperson or average person, he's a monster. I mean if the guy's veins were popping out of 20 inch arms, maybe you can get suspicious.

The assumptions are getting ridiculous. Hee Sop Choi hit 5 HRs already, he must be juicing!
Clean

Re: I doubt Luis G

Postby Clean » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:37 pm

Bring_back_the_roar_of_84 wrote:I just don't see him doing that. but Bonds Boon and Sosa are poster boys of skinny nuts gone huge

If putting on 30 pounds in 5-7 months is not that hard, why is like 40 pounds over 10-15 years?
Clean

Postby No » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:40 pm

Luis Gonzalez? LARRY WALKER? Larry Walker... LOST weight going into the last two years and that's because he was a fat bastard before hand.

:-t to your assumptions.
No

What?

Postby Ry-Guy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:49 pm

You don't think Larry Walker ever used? Yeah, he may have been fat but steroids can also slim your fat into muscle. Walker is a prime suspect of steroid use as far as I'm concerned.

Bottom line, this is nothing new. Ken Caminiti ADMITTED to steroid ABUSE and no one wants to take his MVP away.

Daryl Strawberry put every other drug into his body, you don't think that skinny twerp juiced to hit the ball 450 feet?

Brady Anderson and is magical season were most likely enhanced by the juice.

See, there are all kinds of steroids, clean, dirty, muscle-building, slimming, and all have different effects.

Quite frankly, proper use of steroids is no more dangerous than proper use of most legal drugs. Steroid ABUSE is what leads to the harmful effects. Same thing with this Ephedra crap. If Bechler didn't pop over 5 pills a day, he might be alive right now. These drugs are performance enhancers but that doesn't mean you don't have to work out hard to achieve results.

I really don't care who is using steroids right now or who used in the past, I'm just curious what the fans' perception of these players is. I'd be nice to know who was juicing and who wasn't but for now we can just speculate.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:58 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
Clean wrote:Bagwell, maybe.

I work out a ton myself, and 30 pounds in 7+ months isn't hard at all to do. People only suspect when you exceed your norm in rediculous fashion.

i had a friend of mine who used to work out and took like 20 amino acid pills after every meal. he bulked up in about 4 months. many people (not all) who suspect that players are on roids have never been to a gym, never worked out, never had a personal trainer, never been a professional athlete or failed PE in high school.

on a side note mark macguire is #1 on my list because:

1. he got huge compared to his younger days (not really a big thing, but...go to #2, and 3).

2. his body kept breaking down.

3. he was a former oakland A player with conseco and the other bash brothers or whatever they were called.

4. the way the he left the game.
a. the man breaks a 70 year old homerun record and he does not even go the the american league to DH. 8-o
b. he should atleast return to the game in a broadcast capacity (a la david justice and tony gwinn) or be a hitting coach or college coach or something. people would love to hear big mac on the radio or see him on baseball tonight.

yet when jose threatened to publish his tell all book, this man quietly dissapeared.

:-?
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers