Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROID BOYZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Base Ballpickers » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:54 pm

Some people just have potential to bulk up. Body chemistry doen't stay the same your whole life. I have a friend that bulked up....oops, he was on steroids....sorry. Ha! Seriously, some people's bodies change naturally...and some people use steroids to bulk up. It's not like anybody in this string actaully knows bonds or whoever, so how can people be so sure. Let's speculate on which guys in the league may be pedophiles based on what we see of them on tv.
"My job as a coach is to make you do what you don't want to do so you can become the man you want to be."
Base Ballpickers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonds = Juicer. Period.

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:00 pm

MyAddidas wrote:The use of personal chefs and trainers and special supplements and all that stuff has only been around for the last 20 years or so so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that guys are better even when getting older and older. It is happening in every sport. Bonds isn't the 1st athlete from the very recent past to excel to greater heights while "past their prime".

There has never been anyone like Bonds before.

right said fred...by some people's logic in this thread, jerry rice must be on roids also....

;-D
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby rick » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Mark Mcgwire shattered the rookie homerun record with 49.The guy was skinny and tall.I would bet my life that he wasnt taking steroids at that time.From the moment he broke that record he was known as a super slugger.He progressed towards that record of 61 every year.He would have done it long before he did if not for injuries.Every year it seemed they were talking about him and Griffey breaking the single season record.How anyone could say he was a steroid user is beyond me.
rick

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:04 pm

speaking of pitchers......got this from another forum:

"Gammons was on Boston sports radio today. One thing of note he said was he mentioned how a lot of pitchers have lost velocity this year as opposed to past years. He said the decline in certain unamed pitchers of 5-8mph was related to being off "enhancers". He named no one but did say the Angels had the most and went on to say 1 pitcher in particular threw 87-88 and pitched in Taiwan but suddenly was able to throw 95-96 here. Very interesting."

"He is talking about Ben Weber. Funny thing is that I read in the local papers that Weber said that his velocity is always down at the start of the year. It would not surprise me one bit if Weber was on the juice. Donnely is another one that could be in that group as well."

"Weber always looked about to erupt into Roid Rage to me, no surprise there...

I thought it was funny that it was always the hitters that were singled out for the juice, when the muscle rebuilding capabilities of roids seemed tailormade for pitchers...."
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:04 pm

all I have to say Slomo is LOL :-D . This steroid thing i forsee wont be going away for a long time.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:27 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
MyAddidas wrote:The use of personal chefs and trainers and special supplements and all that stuff has only been around for the last 20 years or so so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that guys are better even when getting older and older. It is happening in every sport. Bonds isn't the 1st athlete from the very recent past to excel to greater heights while "past their prime".

right said fred...by some people's logic in this thread, jerry rice must be on roids also....

;-D

My God man give your head a shake!!! How old are you? Seriously? Your arguments are incredibly WEAK.

Is Jerry Rice having the best years of his career after the age of 35? NO!! Jerry Rice is simply not regressing as quickly as most. He is not putting up career years after the age of 35.

Also, this question is for Adidas man: If Bonds isn't the first athlete to destroy his personal best years after the age of 35 then who are these mystery athletes? And remember I'm not talking one lucky year where an average player played his best for one year. I'm talking about a player who has put up his best 5 years after the age of 35. No one was talking about Bonds breaking the homerun record 5 years ago.

To hit over 300 homers after your 35th birthday is ridiculous.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -27)

Re: Bonds = Juicer. Period? where is your proof?

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:34 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:

;-D

My God man give your head a shake!!! How old are you? Seriously? Your arguments are incredibly WEAK.

Is Jerry Rice having the best years of his career after the age of 35?

i would blame that on his QB....

look here bob costas boy.....

look at barry's at bats in the past 3 seasons.

bonds does not swing at balls.

bonds only hits strikes.

he is a disciplined hitter.

until they test him, mac or sammy, i will say that none of them are on roids. this is MLB's fault, they are the ones to blame.

!+)
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:36 pm

ive got a player whose best years were after he was 35: Rich Gannon of the NFL. I doubt hes on steroids though, and 1 person doesnt prove your point myaddidas. I cant think of any others off the top of my head right now. Maybe you can divulge some examples myaddidas.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:14 pm

See?! This is what I'm talking about. Self-imposed ignorance. This guy ignores all the facts and blindly believes what he wants to believe. Chefs + trainers + supplements do NOT equal the fountain of youth. Especially in Bonds' case where he's better than he was in his youth! Someone please do a statistical analysis (like a t-test or something) on the probability of someone who never hit over 46 homeruns before the age of 35 hitting 73 at the age of 37. Numbers don't lie. There's got to be something these people will believe. This is amazing. Pull your heads out!
MrTwo94
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MyAddidas » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:21 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:

See?! This is what I'm talking about. Self-imposed ignorance. This guy ignores all the facts and blindly believes what he wants to believe. Chefs + trainers + supplements do NOT equal the fountain of youth. Especially in Bonds' case where he's better than he was in his youth! Someone please do a statistical analysis (like a t-test or something) on the probability of someone who never hit over 46 homeruns before the age of 35 hitting 73 at the age of 37. Numbers don't lie. There's got to be something these people will believe. This is amazing. Pull your heads out!

4 posts and all in this thread. Afraid to show who you really are?

Back to the point. I am just at the other end of the ignorance spectrum than you are I guess. I see you assuming a lot based strictly on numbers. I watch the guy in person half the season. I just don't see all the 'steroid' home runs. You do see them but they are only on paper.
MyAddidas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers