Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROID BOYZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wow

Postby Ry-Guy » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:44 pm

Man, look what I started with this thread....

How about we make a deal. Every one just list the players you think have taken steroids in their career, give your OPINION. So many people are getting way too bent out of shape because of speculation. All I said was:

Who do you THINK juiced?


None of us have proof. I'm just curious how fans perceive certain players. I gave you my OPINIONS of who I think have taken steroids. I'm just asking your opinion.

When the tests are failed and the names are officially released, we'll all meet back here and have a big "I told you so" party. Until then, argue on......
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 297
Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: Bonds = Juicer. Period.

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:30 pm

MyAddidas wrote:
4 posts and all in this thread. Afraid to show who you really are?

Back to the point. I am just at the other end of the ignorance spectrum than you are I guess. I see you assuming a lot based strictly on numbers. I watch the guy in person half the season. I just don't see all the 'steroid' home runs. You do see them but they are only on paper.


No, actually I'm new here. I've been a member for a month or so but just never felt the urge to post.
And I'm not making assumptions soley on numbers (which are more than enough to prove something fishy). It's also based upon his physical appearance and time frame in which the changes to his game and appearance were made.
You don't see the steroid homeruns because you don't want to. Maybe you could go back to his record year. He set his previous record the year before with 49. Some of those were probably steroid homeruns, but for the sake of argument, let's assume not. So out of the 73 he hit, at least 24 of them were steroid homeruns. You can tell the difference in that they go at least 30 ft farther than before he juiced. Warning track shots by an aging batter are now record setting bombs.
Or how many did he hit in the water 3 years ago? There you go. Now you've got at least one glaring example... almost every homerun you see hit into the water is a steroid homerun. Maybe you'll notice it next time you see the splash....
MrTwo94
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 59
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MyAddidas » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:32 pm

couldn't disagree more. guy hits it 460 feet and you call it a steroid hr. funny stuff.
MyAddidas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 86
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 23 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No Cal

Postby MyAddidas » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:42 pm

Bonds Spash Hits

2000: 6
2001: 9
2002: 8
2003: 6
2004: 2
MyAddidas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 86
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 23 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No Cal

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:53 pm

wow ... one of you guys has Bonds as already having a career yer at age 40 ... and he is not even 40 yet .....

Here is a few facts that I wrote out in the spring ...
I would be curious so see how many of you actually read it ....

____________________________________________________
Some "Facts" about Barry Bonds
As seen through some not so recent, San Francisco Headlines.

Let me first preface this by saying, I am not attempting to try and sway anybodies "Position", and I am certainly not going to try and spin some stats to my advantage for you either. I'll also try and avoid the expansion era pitching that scarred the 1998-2001 MLB seasons. Barry Bonds 2001 MLB season was indeed nothing less than magical. But what I would like to focus on here is the three year time line building up to October 8th 2001. Prior to that October 8th, hardly anybody realized, or should I say reported, that Barry Lamar Bonds had actually "Bulked Up" two years earlier, and that he had actually lost weight going into the 2001 season. It’s always been "reported" that he "Bulked Up" in 2001. What I am focusing on here is his 1998 and 1999 seasons, two full years before his association with BALCO. Ideally these headlines from the "San Francisco Baseball Press", or SFGATE.com, should tell a story. Not my story, but Barry Bonds' story and his obvious pursuit of a steroid free 73, and how the press, pretty much missed it.

Just some little facts, chronologically laid out our 'unbiased' newspaper reporters known as the San Francisco Media.

February 26, 1999link
"GIANTS NOTEBOOK - Bigger, Stronger Bonds Doesn't Go Unnoticed"

SFGATE:: "He also acknowledged he's been going round-the-clock since the birth of his daughter, Aisha Lynn, early this month, though he maintained his training regimen. He has fully recovered from postseason right knee surgery and appears to have bulked up"

SFGATE:: "Bonds had minor surgery on his right knee in early October but said last week he is completely healthy and ready for spring training. Every morning, before his daily strength work and batting practice, Bonds runs at Stanford under the direction of trainer Ray Farris." " The only injury Bonds feels now is a bruised ego from watching Cardinal football players blow past him on the track.
``I like working with the younger kids. It keeps me motivated,'' Bonds said. ``I'm pumped to work. I love to work. It just gets harder every year.'''

SFGATE:: "Scottsdale, Ariz. -- Infielder Charlie Hayes walked past a group of reporters yesterday and asked, ``Did you see my man? He was huge!'' Hayes' man was left fielder Barry Bonds, who checked into camp a day late, with the blessing of management, but looking like he hit the weight room extra hard this winter. His arms and chest look bigger"

SFGATE:: "Indeed, Bonds said in an interview last month that he was complementing his usual off-season conditioning and hitting program with additional weight training to help keep his body fit as he gets older. Bonds, who hit .303 with 37 homers and 122 RBIs last year, will turn 35 on July 24"

So at the age of 34, while Barry was recovering from his off-season "knee" surgery, he "maintained his training regimen" and "compensated it by with additional weight training to help keep his body fit as he gets older". Just to repeat that, Barry couldn't use his leg, because it was recovering from surgery, so he compensated it by working on his upper body more. Why is that so unbelievable at age 34? What is so hard to imagine about a 34 year old man, in excellent health physically, and an obvious excellent athlete, is working out with weights to increase his upper body strength?

To understand a little more I think we need to look back a year,
September 28, 1998

"Baseball could be taking air out of football"

Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa had just "saved" baseball as we had just witnessed one of the most amazing MLB seasons ever. It seemed as if the entire world would stop what ever they were doing, just to watch Mark McGwire come up to bat. Mark had just hit 70 on his last AB of the season, and it just barely cleared the wall. A perfect ending to a historical season. A perfect number, 70 !
Baseball was Back.

"Bonds Lets Chance To Be Game's Hero Slip Through Hands"
"Barry will never bring us the trophy".

Barry Bonds on the other hand, was busy choking against the Chicago Cubs in a "One Game Wild Card Playoff" .. 5-3!! The SF press was obviously all over Barry Bonds and how he was a "postseason no show" again as Barry went 0-4 with a sac fly, and let his chance to be "Game's Hero Slip Through his Hands".
Needless to say, Barry had reason to be motivated in this particular off-season. Barry was having knee surgery for the first time in his career, and was facing a major question "is my body breaking down at 34"? It's not uncommon. It is well documented that that is usually about the age when for baseball players start there statistical decline.
When Barry showed up in camp with a bigger chest and arms for the Spring Training in 1999, hardly anybody noticed. Well Charlie Hayes did, but nobody else. Why? Would anybody want to take a guess as to what kind of press exposure this "Andro" story got nationally in the spring of 1999? Tons! Andro talk was all over the press.

"Mark McGwire's record should have an asterisk!"
"Mark took Performance Enhancing Drugs"


But basically zero press reports about Barry when it came to "Bulking Up" in the spring. It barely made a headline on the back pages of the sports page section called "Giants Notebook". Here was one of the most hated men in Major League Baseball, Barry Bonds, "Bulking Up" in the dawn of Andro and even the hated SF Press saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. It seemed natural to them at the time.


Spring 1999
"BASEBALL PREVIEW '99GIANTS PREVIEW Bonds Defies Age-Power Argument"link BTW, a must read in my opinion!
But imagine that, an entire story about Barry and no "Bulking Up". Was it omitted on purpose? This is the day and age of Andro and 70 homeruns, right?
Nope, this was Mark McGwire's world, Sammy was along for the ride and Barry was an ...

"Overpaid, Whining, Selfish Choke Artist"

Everybody in the SF media was distracted by Barry’s contract squabble. So that is all we as the public knew. Because that was what the media was feeding us. Barry’s contract, Mark and Sammy !!!

"Respect Yourselves, Giants, and Trade Barry"
"Now Bonds Wants Contract Extension"
"Brother, can you share a dime?"
"Bonds gets on horn to Sabean, eases up on contract throttle


SFGATE:: "Right away, Bonds was given an opportunity to elaborate on his contractual wishes, a hot topic ever since his agent (Scott Boras) revealed at the winter meetings that Bonds would waive his no trade clause, to play for a contender"

"Right away" just so everybody knows, in reporter jargon means basically, "I shoved a microphone in his face and told him to pee in a cup." The rest of this saga is obviously Scott Boras trying to get an angle. Any fan knows that. But its all the press was focused on. Barry and his greedy self.

Regular Season 1999

Right out of the gate, Barry Bonds is batting .366 with four homers and 12 RBIs in April and is off to a fast start! April is generally Bonds' worst month, he is a .273 lifetime hitter in April and he has fewer career homers (55) and RBIs (159) than in any other month. (circa 1999 stats) But Barry has had a few hot Aprils before, no biggee. Then just a few games into the season ....

April 19, 1999
"Bonds Needed Surgery To Avoid Risking Career"

SFGATE:: "Barry Bonds can barely conceive of not playing for 10 weeks, but he underwent elbow surgery on Tuesday when doctors told him he could endanger his career if he didn't.
``I knew it was have the surgery or maybe never play baseball again,'' Bonds told reporters yesterday when he popped by the ballpark just 24 hours after his operation. ``The doctors said, `What do you want to do? Play for several more years, or just roll the dice and maybe tear the whole entire triceps?' You never know if you can come back from that.''

Now this is key to our discussion. Because now his arm that is injured. If Barry Bonds, who has just "bulked up" in the off-season during the scrutiny of Andro mind you, is currently on steroids or taking human growth hormones, he can't possibly still be using them, not at this time. He can't workout! His arm is in a sling! He has a torn Triceps Muscle. He couldn't keep up with the recommended steroid cycle if he wanted to (three weeks on, one week off. Two weeks on, three weeks off) Steroids don't work unless you work out in conjunction with them! On top of that, its a torn muscle! In Professional Weightlifting, where steroids and performance enhancing drugs are obviously rampant, if you tear your triceps muscle your career is over! Steroids are not going to save you. They certainly won't "Repair" the muscle. In light of all of this information, The current SF Press would still have you believe that Barry is 'on something', when the correct information is in their own archives.

July 24, 1999
"Barry is back, his swing isn't."

SFGATE:: " 'Swing and miss. Swing and miss. Swing and miss,' Bonds said. 'I've been struggling, fighting through injuries and just trying to do the best I can. I got pitches to hit, too. I even missed those. I'm not being overpowered. I'm just not doing it.' "

But what goes mostly unnoticed, again.
Barry Bonds' game has changed. this new found, upper body strength has its advantages. But still there is little if any 'press' mention of him bulking up. It is now mid-season 1999 and Sosa and McGwire are at it again. But only a few people notice, except for maybe a few of the rotogeeks that owned him, that Barry Bonds is swinging for the fences with his new found power. His is just crushing the ball with consistency, turning on everything. In July and August alone, he hits 24 homeruns, and scores 52 Runs with 57 RBIs!!! Project that over a full season!!! Barry finishes off 1999 with 34 homeruns in 390, injury riddled at bats. What was the SF press focusing on? Barry’s wallet!

"Giants Lock In Heart Of the Batting Order New deals for Snow, Bonds, Kent" link






Tuesday, February 22, 2000
Welcome to Pac Bell Park.
Welcome .. to more personal motivation link
"Bonds' Goal Is to Surpass Mays' Mark, With due respect to his godfather, Giants' star charts course for 660"

SFGate:: ``For the first time, I went back and started looking at what-ifs, and I kind of figured out a couple of numbers here,'' Bonds said after checking into spring training one day early yesterday. ``If I can stay healthy and play six years and average about 30-something home runs a year, I can surpass my godfather's 660 home runs. That's a good motivating factor to continue playing baseball.''

SFGATE:: Bonds has 445 home runs now. If he averaged 36 over the next six years he would, at age 41, pass Mays by a single home run. Or, Bonds could average 31 homers over seven seasons and pass Mays by two.
``Is it going to happen? I have no idea,'' Bonds said. ``I just started playing around with it to give myself something to push myself a little harder, give myself a little incentive to continue playing. I'm not in the game to beat my godfather's home- run record. It was just something as a child that you dream of and think, `Wow, that's impossible.' Then, when you look back, you're not really that far away to say hey, if you're healthy, let's see what can happen.''
"The Say Hey Kid is all for it".
``That's a real good motivator if he can do it,'' Mays said in a phone interview. ``If he says he can do it, he might be able to do it. More power to him. When I was 39, I hit 28 home runs. It could be done. I'll be anxious to see how he does. If he hits 50 this year and next year, I think he's got a shot at it.''

So, Barry Bonds at age 35 is not trying to beat Marks record, he wants to stay healthy long enough to catch his God-Father. But Barry had never hit 50 in his career, and yet here is Mays claiming that is what he needs to do. 50! Two years in a row. And if Barry wanted to play until he was 41 or 42. Steroids would certainly shorten his career, as it is a commonly known side effect that joint and tendon damage don't go very well with older athletes and lengthy careers. Barry wanted Mays total, not Marks record. Anybody want to guess at what the SF Chronicle told him?

"Say hey, no way that Bonds will ever catch Mays"


September 29, 2000

"Kent's Outstanding Season Makes Him MVP" (SF Chronicle)

Now, after having arguably the second greatest season in his career, at the age of 36, Barry Bonds sets a new career high in homeruns with 49 just like his godfather, the man he is trying to pass, said he could. But it wasn't 50! And the loyal SF Chronicle said the MVP should go to Kent, which of course it did, and Barry went 0 for New York in the playoffs again.

Spring Training 2001

"There's a Dark Side to Hitting 500 Home Runs"
"High Strike Put to Test On 1st Pitch"

Its also a contract year and if you have Scott Boras as your agent, needless to say, the headlines are full of baseless trade rumors. The SF press is just in heaven with all this talk of Barry’s Wallet! Apologies, but there truly is no room to repeat it all here. I mean it is Boras after all, but I am sure you can imagine.

Now personally, I have searched high and low and cannot find one article or quote on Barry Bonds "Bulking Up" prior to the 2001 season, expect as noted back in 1998. Ironically, I have found a few about him slimming down prior to the 2001 season though. (below) But yet the "Modern McCarthyites" would have you believe otherwise.

Barry now has his sight set on 500 HRs, McCovey's NL record and he just loves swinging for Willies Cove too. He is straight up, "swinging for the fences". He needs another 50 homerun season. He hits 6 Homers in 6 straight games and 11 Homeruns in the month of April, Barry’s worst month, remember! Oh, and don't forget, he has the raining MVP Batting behind him for protection. The first time in his career he has any player 'feared' almost as much as himself, batting directly behind him. He surpasses the 500 mark with ease as expected, and then ..

Thursday, May 31, 2001
"Move over McCovey - Bonds sets NL record in defeat"

Barry Bonds hit his 521st and 522nd career home runs to catch and pass Willie McCovey and Ted Williams for 11th place on the all-time list. He is on fire, he slugs an amazing eleven home runs over 10 games!! Barry seems to be hitting them in insane streaks and off some very watered down pitching staffs.

Wednesday, June 13, 2001

"A quartet of reasons why Barry Bonds' home-run count is in the clouds" link

SFGATE::
"THE CONTRACT .. It's all different now because the Giants have refused to negotiate for an extension. For the second time in his career, B-Bonds is on a B-line for free agency.
Make no mistake. He's on a mission"
"THE BODY .."He's more flexible," said Shields, who's in his second season at Bonds' side. "He's not as big as he was when I got here, but he's more toned and more defined."
"THE PITCHERS" .. " On paper, the higher, narrower zone should benefit Bonds. Before this season, he generally showed great patience in laying off outside pitches, and now umpires aren't supposed to call a strike unless the pitch is directly above the plate"
"THE ZONE" .. "Plain and simple, Bonds is in a zone. Maybe it's primarily a power zone -- he has 33 home runs and only 16 singles -- but a zone nonetheless"

33 homeruns and only 16 singles, are you kidding me?

October 8, 2001

"Bonds caught in the act of being kind again - Barry is caught being kind again" (SF Chronicle)

So, one full year after being robbed of the MVP by his teammate.
Two full seasons of the Giants and Boras playing contract games
Two full seasons after Barry Bonds pro-claiming, "I can pass Mays, given time and health"
After a season in which his other personal trainer stated "He has slimmed down a lot".
And almost three years, to the day, that Barry Bonds first went under the knife because of his knee, forcing him to change his off-season workout habits in the first place,

Barry Lamar Bonds hit homerun number 73 .....

OH MY GOD !!!! "He must be on steroids ???"
Now? … 3 years later? ..


That statement is for the lazy and uninformed. Sadly that has become the SF Chronicle.
A simple search of there own archives would have shown them other wise, but that’s doesn’t sell papers now does it? Baseless accusations does.


In closing, Barry Bonds is simply one of greatest ballplayers any generation has ever seen. Yet sadly, our current generation is to busy pointing fingers and participating in this whipped up "Modern McCarthyism" created by the Modern Media, to sit down and look at the "Logical Facts".

Its been 5 years now since Barry would have first taken Performance Enhancing Supplements, according to his accusers and his ligaments and tendons are doing fine. In order to believe that Barry took steroids now, 5 years after the fact, you have to believe that in the face of sure scrutiny, because of Mark McGwuire and Andro, and at the risk of shortening his career, a definite first ballot Hall Of Famer of 400/400 fame at that time, would risk everything. You have to believe that Barry took chemicals that had zero healing effects, while he was recovering from a possible career ending torn triceps muscle. This by the way is same exact injury that ended the most recent MR. Olympia's career.

The San Francisco Papers really need to check there own archives.

Hey by the way baseball fans, In a couple of months, Barry should be holding true to that "Sey Hey" proclamation. You know, The same one where the San Francisco Chronicle said. "Say hey, no way that Bonds will ever catch Mays"


wrveres
fantasybaseballcafe.com
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROID BOYZ

Postby whitesox04champs » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:58 pm

Ry-Guy wrote:I know the steroid accusations are flying and there's a good chance that names will be named all season long. In your opinion, what current playerS do you think definitely juiced at one time in their career? Here are my suspects:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Jason Giambi
3. Gary Sheffield
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Jeff Bagwell
7. Luis Gonzalez
8. Carlos Delgado
9. Bret Boone
10. Larry Walker


Bonds is correct
Giambi is correct
Sosa is correct
Bagwell is correct

I am 100%, yes 100% sure those guys HAVE taken steroroids, the others are questionable...........

Once they test and results come, none of these guys will have tested postive although i know many dumbasses that will tell me that bonds and the gang WASNT on steroroids because of the tests...............
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 721
(Past Year: -18)
Joined: 1 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROID BOYZ

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:25 pm

whitesox04champs wrote:
Ry-Guy wrote:I know the steroid accusations are flying and there's a good chance that names will be named all season long. In your opinion, what current playerS do you think definitely juiced at one time in their career? Here are my suspects:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Jason Giambi
3. Gary Sheffield
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Jeff Bagwell
7. Luis Gonzalez
8. Carlos Delgado
9. Bret Boone
10. Larry Walker


Bonds is correct
Giambi is correct
Sosa is correct
Bagwell is correct

I am 100%, yes 100% sure those guys HAVE taken steroroids, the others are questionable...........

Once they test and results come, none of these guys will have tested postive although i know many dumbasses that will tell me that bonds and the gang WASNT on steroroids because of the tests...............



Of course they wont. They would have to be morons to test positive with the same drug. They could even be on steroids still but with a new undetctable drug.


wrveres, so whats your point? Bonds juiced in 1998 and not 2000?

You're missing the point of what people are saying. We have left the whole he's huge argument behind because none of you Bonds supporters will believe it. Now we are using another very legit argument that a player in any sport should not put up the best 5 years of his career after 35...or 34!!
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Re: ROID BOYZ

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:08 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
whitesox04champs wrote:
Ry-Guy wrote:I know the steroid accusations are flying and there's a good chance that names will be named all season long. In your opinion, what current playerS do you think definitely juiced at one time in their career? Here are my suspects:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Jason Giambi
3. Gary Sheffield
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Jeff Bagwell
7. Luis Gonzalez
8. Carlos Delgado
9. Bret Boone
10. Larry Walker


Bonds is correct
Giambi is correct
Sosa is correct
Bagwell is correct

I am 100%, yes 100% sure those guys HAVE taken steroroids, the others are questionable...........

Once they test and results come, none of these guys will have tested postive although i know many dumbasses that will tell me that bonds and the gang WASNT on steroroids because of the tests...............



Of course they wont. They would have to be morons to test positive with the same drug. They could even be on steroids still but with a new undetctable drug.


wrveres, so whats your point? Bonds juiced in 1998 and not 2000?

You're missing the point of what people are saying. We have left the whole he's huge argument behind because none of you Bonds supporters will believe it. Now we are using another very legit argument that a player in any sport should not put up the best 5 years of his career after 35...or 34!!


5 best years of his life?

You must be young ....

IN '99 he spent the first half of the season on the DL.
IN '00 yes he hit his career high of 49 homeruns but it was no where close to his 1993 or 1996 season and they gave the MVP to kent
IN '01 ..well you know, after trimming down going into the season, he hit 73 homeruns
IN '02 and '03 they straight up quit pitching to him and he still hit .370 and .341 .... Those are not Homerunns there... Those are hits. How does steriods make you hit for average?

so I'll ask you again? Why is that so unbelievable at age 34? What is so hard to imagine about a 34 year old man, in excellent health physically, and an obvious excellent athlete, is working out with weights to increase his upper body strength?

and besides ... everything we know about steriods, he shouldn't be playing 5 years later. If you want to "Extend" you career, Steriods def will not help you do that. The Hyprocrites try to have it both ways, and they can't ....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROID BOYZ

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:29 pm

wrveres wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
whitesox04champs wrote:
Ry-Guy wrote:I know the steroid accusations are flying and there's a good chance that names will be named all season long. In your opinion, what current playerS do you think definitely juiced at one time in their career? Here are my suspects:

1. Barry Bonds
2. Jason Giambi
3. Gary Sheffield
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Jeff Bagwell
7. Luis Gonzalez
8. Carlos Delgado
9. Bret Boone
10. Larry Walker


Bonds is correct
Giambi is correct
Sosa is correct
Bagwell is correct

I am 100%, yes 100% sure those guys HAVE taken steroroids, the others are questionable...........

Once they test and results come, none of these guys will have tested postive although i know many dumbasses that will tell me that bonds and the gang WASNT on steroroids because of the tests...............



Of course they wont. They would have to be morons to test positive with the same drug. They could even be on steroids still but with a new undetctable drug.


wrveres, so whats your point? Bonds juiced in 1998 and not 2000?

You're missing the point of what people are saying. We have left the whole he's huge argument behind because none of you Bonds supporters will believe it. Now we are using another very legit argument that a player in any sport should not put up the best 5 years of his career after 35...or 34!!


5 best years of his life?

You must be young ....

IN '99 he spent the first half of the season on the DL.
IN '00 yes he hit his career high of 49 homeruns but it was no where close to his 1993 or 1996 season and they gave the MVP to kent
IN '01 ..well you know, after trimming down going into the season, he hit 73 homeruns
IN '02 and '03 they straight up quit pitching to him and he still hit .370 and .341 .... Those are not Homerunns there... Those are hits. How does steriods make you hit for average?

so I'll ask you again? Why is that so unbelievable at age 34? What is so hard to imagine about a 34 year old man, in excellent health physically, and an obvious excellent athlete, is working out with weights to increase his upper body strength?

and besides ... everything we know about steriods, he shouldn't be playing 5 years later. If you want to "Extend" you career, Steriods def will not help you do that. The Hyprocrites try to have it both ways, and they can't ....



Doesn't help you hit for average. He's always hit for average. It's the big boost in homers after his 34th birthday that make me wonder. He can still hit 45 homers in less than 400 ABs. Tell me he could do that in '93 or 96. '93 and '96 he used his speed to put up some nice numbers. Now he uses his strength....

Oh and the fact his personal trainer is up on charges for distributing steroids makes me wonder too. And him being in better shape as a 40 year old man than he was when he was 30 also makes me wonder. You can't deny the fact he is putting up his best POWER seasons after his 34th birthday. And thats suspicious if you want to acknowledge it or not.

By the way, Rick Flair is still going strong in his 50's. So steroids can make you go farther if you get lucky with them. If 100 people shoot themselves in the head some of them will survive. Steroids may cut most careers short but may actually help others. Look at Giambi he was a 40 homer hitter batting .350 a couple years ago. Now he can barely run the bases. Oh but Giambi didn't take them either...sorry my bad....Next you'll try to convince people Rick Flair is clean too.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:24 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
And the fact that Bonds is having these career numbers when he is in his late 30's and early 40's just adds to that suspicion. Who out there has put up the best numbers in their career after there 35th birthday? And I'm not talking one year. I'm talking who has put up the best 5 years of their career after their 35th birthday. If thats not suspicious then I don't know what is.


Triviality
Question: Barry Bonds has hit at least 30 homers in every full season since he turned 30 years old. But he's actually one of four active players, currently 35 or older, who have done that. Can you name the other three?


Answer: Rafael Palmeiro (nine), Jeff Bagwell (six) and Sammy Sosa (five).
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1605
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests