Postby planet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:48 pm

brady anderson
planet

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:26 am

Krunk City King$ wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
And the fact that Bonds is having these career numbers when he is in his late 30's and early 40's just adds to that suspicion. Who out there has put up the best numbers in their career after there 35th birthday? And I'm not talking one year. I'm talking who has put up the best 5 years of their career after their 35th birthday. If thats not suspicious then I don't know what is.

Triviality
Question: Barry Bonds has hit at least 30 homers in every full season since he turned 30 years old. But he's actually one of four active players, currently 35 or older, who have done that. Can you name the other three?

Answer: Rafael Palmeiro (nine), Jeff Bagwell (six) and Sammy Sosa (five).

Interesting considering Bagwell and Sosa are also in the suspicions of everyone. Palmeiro just continued his career trend so you can't really be all that suspicious. But you also proved my point a little more. Bonds doesn't hit 30 homers anymore. He hits well over that. In a time when he should be hitting less homers he is hitting more. It isn't supposed to happen that way.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -27)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KULCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:07 pm

My statement from the beggining has been that you have to be BLIND not to be at least suspicious of the power numbers from 93 and on. The jump was just too violent. As for Bonds im not making anymore comments on him other than although he has the benefit of the doubt, he´s definitely worthy of my suspicion just of the fact that his trainer is heavily involved in the investigation.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers