Return to Baseball Leftovers

Expect SV's not W's for KIM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Expect SV's not W's for KIM

Postby wrveres » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:32 am

Matt Mantei may be able to pitch today after missing three games because of a broken right middle fingernail.
Mantei will pitch if he doesn't experience any discomfort. His wife helped him shorten his nails to prevent a recurring break after an acrylic nail caused discomfort. Source: Arizona Republic.

Next it will be a pulled groin, and I'm sure his wife will help him with that too. Its always something with this guy. Neck, back, arm, groin and FINGERNAIL.

I figure by May 1st he will be on the DL for somethin'
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MC_Hammer » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:52 pm

that's what I do and I don't want to hear. I have him on 2 teams and I need saves on both. But on the other hand, I read a good article in SI that said in Korea, the worst pitchers are in the bullpen, so Kim never liked being a close... imagine what he could do if he likes his job!!! :-)
Is a Duckworth more than a Schilling?
Let's find out...
MC_Hammer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:17 am

MC_Hammer wrote:that's what I do and I don't want to hear. I have him on 2 teams and I need saves on both. But on the other hand, I read a good article in SI that said in Korea, the worst pitchers are in the bullpen, so Kim never liked being a close... imagine what he could do if he likes his job!!! :-)

I read the Same Article. Something about pride.. But I think it depends upon Mantei staying healthy. When was the last time he did that for a full season? It may be never. I don't know. I read somewhere also that "Arizona System" is full of quality Starters.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby McGill » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:20 am

That's ok with me. My team has lots of good SP's already...It wouldn't hurt to have Kim back into saving games for me... :-D

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat..."

"....Again?!!"
McGill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers