Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN.com...Prior possibly out the entire season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mtarail » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:40 pm

Pedantic wrote:I have a feeling Prior is going to be on the DL for a long, long time. :-/

I agree. When you balance the "good news" (he throws 20 fastballs off of a mound) against all the question marks floating around about his recovery, I think it's gonna be a wait. At this point I don't think he'll be back before the All-Star break.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bsmnt » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:52 pm

I dont think he's coming back until June at the earliest. The Cubs will not put him out on the mound until he is absolutely %100 healthy. He is too young to be rushed back, and it seems as if the Cubs still arent really sure what causing his pain.
bsmnt
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby vtbos » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:56 pm

anything is possible-

you gotta look at atleast a few media sources then find a general consenses between them- dont just believe the outliers!
vtbos Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JDogg » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:00 pm

bsmnt wrote:I dont think he's coming back until June at the earliest. The Cubs will not put him out on the mound until he is absolutely %100 healthy. He is too young to be rushed back, and it seems as if the Cubs still arent really sure what causing his pain.

Exactly. Prior is the "ubermench" of young pitchers right now which is why there's so much speculation going on right now with his injury. If this was Cory Lidle we wouldn't be having News stories like this every day.

The story simply says that Dusty is planning to win without Prior and be ready for his return whenever he's ready to come back. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd say plan on him coming back sometime in mid-June and you won't too be badly disappointed.

The Cubs have the luxury of waiting and it's great that they're giving this the time it needs to heal.
I hate to be a whore, but the world's a pimp - Andre Nicotina
JDogg
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers