Page 2 of 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:29 pm
by jayman
mtarail wrote:
wrveres wrote:
When he pee's in a cup, I'll respect him.


I highly doubt that .... :-?


Ditto. People have been hating Bonds long before they suspected him of roiding up.


Oh wait, what are you refering to? My respecting him or his peeing in a cup? If he were to step up to the plate like that I would hold him right up there next to Ruth. To take that kind of stance. To do it when some in baseball are afraid to or make excuses after promising to, would show that he is far greater than the numbers show.

It's not always about the numbers, the intangibles mean a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:30 pm
by Elohim
here's something crazy for y'all:

the official attendance for yesterday's game was 42,662. He hit homer #662.
the official attendance for today's game was 42,663. He hit homer #663. No joke, check out the boxscores.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:47 pm
by DK
Elohim wrote:here's something crazy for y'all:

the official attendance for yesterday's game was 42,662. He hit homer #662.
the official attendance for today's game was 42,663. He hit homer #663. No joke, check out the boxscores.


8-o I didn't check but I believe you...

Insane...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:55 pm
by Bloody Nipples
Jon Miller, Dwayne Kuiper and Mike Kruko commented on this after the game on the radio. They are in my opinion the best commentary team in the country.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:57 pm
by jbuk
Those attendances are just insane 8-o

As for the SF radio crew, I used to listen to the games a lot before MLB.TV came along, and I agree, they were great to listen to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:00 pm
by Bloody Nipples
And they have added this guy named Dave Flemming, who has great flow and explains the plays very well. His voice sounds a little weird, but that may be just because I have only heard it a couple of times.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:01 pm
by Elohim
Bloody Nipples wrote:Jon Miller, Dwayne Kuiper and Mike Kruko commented on this after the game on the radio. They are in my opinion the best commentary team in the country.


yeah I heard em (I'm a Giants fan as well), otherwise I wouldn't have known. who checks for that in the boxscores?

Don't forget about Greg Papa, who came over from the A's this year. I don't find him very humorous or entertaining but man, his voice is pretty effin sweet.

I think they're the best team in the biz as well, altho Joe Morgan remains my all-time favorite baseball announcer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:03 pm
by Elohim
Bloody Nipples wrote:And they have added this guy named Dave Flemming, who has great flow and explains the plays very well. His voice sounds a little weird, but that may be just because I have only heard it a couple of times.


hah that guy looks like he's still a teenager. Last week when Kruk and Kuip were doing a game on TV, the camera showed Flemming and they said he was the Giants new "Junior" announcer. heh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:04 pm
by Bloody Nipples
Elohim, does your name refer to something?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:14 pm
by Elohim
Bloody Nipples wrote:Elohim, does your name refer to something?


well the Webster's definition is: One of the principal names by which God is designated in the Hebrew Scriptures.

But to be honest I didn't even know that...definition aside, I simply like the way the word looks and sounds. I was trying to think of a new username (bloody nipples didn't come to mind) and I looked up at this abstract poster I have on my wall that's titled "elohim" so I said why not. so no...it doesn't have any special meaning to me or anything.