Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deals made involving B.GILES...have you...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:57 pm

As a Giles owner ( should we start a support group? :-D ) I am going to bench him for the time being but I wouldn't think about trading him right now. There's just no way to win in that situation. You'll never pull his weight in a trade right now and when he does rebound (and he will) then you have to live with it for the rest of the season.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:59 pm

Liberty30 wrote:The other owner has no shortstop other than Berroa

I will follow this up with an offer of Burroughs, Bernie, and Rollins if he declines. I'm not 100% sold on Giles @ Petco this year, so I am trying not to overpay. (that's why the low ball offer)

even with Burroughs that is still a very low ball offer
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:00 pm

I asked the cafe about my proposed deal of Giles for David Ortiz, but many said I would be losing in that deal (i would be getting ortiz)
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:10 pm

In a standard yahoo public league I gave Durazo and Finley for Giles. Although hes doing porly I am very happy with the trade.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:36 pm

I traded FOR Giles in a H2H league. I gave up Mark Beurlhe straight up for the slumping Giles. I already have an outfield that consists of Beltran, Mags, Juan Pierre and Shawn Green, so I figured that I'd take a gamble on Giles. If it pans out, I can trade either Pierre, Green or Giles for more pitching.

Just another case of buy low, sell high.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -17)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers