Return to Baseball Leftovers

My Josh Beckett start has turned bad quickly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby marlinz4lizzife » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:07 pm

Beckett is the most overrated player in baseball.

Is he a great pitcher? Yep

Is he an ace? Nah, not yet

People are overhyping him because of the 03 postseason, if the Marlins don't make the playoffs, D-Train is the premier starter for the Marlins this year, at least from the average fans perspective.

It's a little premature giving someone elite ace status when they never pitched more than 150 innings in a season and whose best season record was 9-8.

OFIHJSEOUHFSUEHFUISEHFUISEUIHFSUIEHFUISEHFUISEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BECKETT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE CAN ONLY PERFORM AGAINST SCRUBS LIKE THE EXPOS AND PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[i]I'm a born-again atheist.[/i]
marlinz4lizzife
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Althalius » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:14 pm

i find that surprising coming from a marlins fan. and after dontrelle's implosion last year.

and apparently he only does well against the Phillies, and Expos, not like they have people like Vidro, Vlad, Thome, Abeu... and of course, the Yankees with Jeter, Giambi, Posada. sorry.

Personally, I think he's underrated. Sure, there's a lot of hype but when I drafted him he was going 7th or 8th round. I think he'll have a great year in 2004.
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bibsybob » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:16 pm

dontrelle is doing well now, lets see his stats at the end of the season. I personally think he is overhyped, not beckett
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers