Return to Baseball Leftovers

what's the odds of randy johnson getting an injury this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what's the odds of randy johnson getting an injury this year

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:13 am

he seems to pitch full seasons, and it annoys the hell out of me. he's an ugly, hick looking bastard, by far the ugliest in major league baseball. i want him injured badly, so that he can stop carrying other teams pitching staffs in fantasy leagues. i mean, look at him. you can easily tell he's a scumbag. PLEEEEEASE GET HURT BAD, RANDY!!!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bennyy22 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:23 am

cant be so haesh on ol' randy man, i think he has the same chance as any other pitcher.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

-Yogi Berra
Bennyy22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amnorix » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:22 pm

First, anyone that wishes a painful, debilitating injury to a real player just so they can have a slightly better chance of winning a fantasy game, is either ignorant and unthinkingly callous, or a scuzzball. :-t

Second, if the only way you can hope to win fantasy baseball is to wish for other manager's star players to get injured, then perhaps you need to rethink your drafting strategy, player management, or free agent due diligence, rather than just hoping that everyone else's players get hurt. :-t

Finally, considering that Randy has never had a major injury that I can recall, and that he is a conditioning nut who, according to reports, took it to a new level this year, I'd say he's in the bottom 25% of the pitchers who are likely to be injured. In any event, he's no more likely than any other pitcher to get injured. Look at Nolan Ryan, Satchell Paige and others that pitched, injury-free, into their 40s, and quite successfully (though not so successfully as Randy.
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby cwhitty » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:36 pm

Yeah, really. What a jerk. RANDY WILL NOT GET INJURED AND YOU WILL LOSE AGAIN!
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby The Guru_fbc » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:07 pm

little to none
The Guru_fbc
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)