Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Cintron horrible or what?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:35 pm

GSes wrote:
Leiter Fan wrote:
bell wrote:Such negativity. Give the kid some time....

What time? Most people playing Cintron are just using him as a stopgap for an injured or slumping regular SS.

uhh, Im not. Ciintron is my STARTING SS. Im being patient. Still very ealry in the year.

Wow, must be a lot of teams in that league, or a lot of guys stocking up on multiple shortstops.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

top 10

Postby JOEG » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:41 pm

I don't think having Cintron as your starting SS even in a 12 team league is that bad, he WAS supposed to bat after that Sexson guy. I know i had him around 10th predraft
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bedard » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:44 pm

Cintron as your starting SS is pretty bad, definitely a guy you take when you didn't bother drafting a good shortstop early on. He's a 15 to 20 round pick in a 12 team league.
Bedard

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tmoney » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:41 am

Bedard wrote:definitely a guy you take when you didn't bother drafting a good shortstop early on.

Haha, that is exactly what happened to me. Eveyone in my league kept taking 2B/SS and closers, and left all the OF for me to pick up.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:32 am

bell wrote:Such negativity. Give the kid some time....

agree, if youre slumping and still batting .270 then is not that bad. Sexon hasnt been hitting either. Patience guys
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 8)

Postby BBCaps » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:18 am

I also agree with having patience with Cintron. I remember last year when he slumped after his hot start and his average fell below .300. Many thought he would free fall because pitchers had figured him out, but he adjusted and broke out of the slump to finish with a .317 average. I think he'll make a similar adjustment and be around a .300 hitter for the year.
BBCaps
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers