Return to Baseball Leftovers

Woohoo, just quit my league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Woohoo, just quit my league

Postby ponson's poor toilet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:36 am

That was a quick season. Commissioner traded Troy Percival for Eric Gagne straight up. I questioned the trade and he told me to stop crying and I could either protest to the deputy commish (his buddy) or quit. Well, I quit.
ponson's poor toilet
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:42 am

that is not a good attitude. what you just did was ruin the league for a bunch of other owners who did nothing wrong. all you had to do was talk to the deputy owner, and the trade would probably have been struck down. the other owners would also have seen the awfulness of that trade, and said something. Even if that trade did go threw, it would still not be right to quit the league. Just keep playing, and when you beat the cheaters, you can be even prouder of your fantasy dominance.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby jpbusta » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:44 am

I hope you didn't drop all your players, because when that happens in my league, I really feel the desire to murder them. :-D :*)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:51 am

Thats a tough situation to deal with.. thankfully my commishes this year have beeen pretty good... but I still wouldn't quit if I were you.. that would just make me try harder to win .. if not for any other reason that either A. win the league to shove it in his face..or B. wait to see how the commishes team is doing late in the season..
aug/sept.. and then trade your best players to those that are closest to the commish
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -193)

Postby ponson's poor toilet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:52 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:that is not a good attitude. what you just did was ruin the league for a bunch of other owners who did nothing wrong. all you had to do was talk to the deputy owner, and the trade would probably have been struck down. the other owners would also have seen the awfulness of that trade, and said something. Even if that trade did go threw, it would still not be right to quit the league. Just keep playing, and when you beat the cheaters, you can be even prouder of your fantasy dominance.

I've got a partner who intends to keep playing so it ruins nothing. The deputy commish won't veto anything. The other owners are a bunch of sheep who will say nothing.
ponson's poor toilet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ponson's poor toilet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:54 am

jpbusta wrote:I hope you didn't drop all your players, because when that happens in my league, I really feel the desire to murder them. :-D :*)

Nope didn't do that. I simply called the commish out on the message board and quit after he pretty much dared me to.
ponson's poor toilet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ponson's poor toilet » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:55 am

GiantFan666 wrote:Thats a tough situation to deal with.. thankfully my commishes this year have beeen pretty good... but I still wouldn't quit if I were you.. that would just make me try harder to win .. if not for any other reason that either A. win the league to shove it in his face..or B. wait to see how the commishes team is doing late in the season..
aug/sept.. and then trade your best players to those that are closest to the commish

Too time consuming. I no longer have the desire to put that kind of time into a fixed league.
ponson's poor toilet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jpbusta » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:57 am

ponson's poor toilet wrote:
jpbusta wrote:I hope you didn't drop all your players, because when that happens in my league, I really feel the desire to murder them. :-D :*)

Nope didn't do that. I simply called the commish out on the message board and quit after he pretty much dared me to.

Good, in that case, I think I might've done the same thing. I hate playing in a league with a dirty commish :-)
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby thehat » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:21 am

Unreal. Could the traders have made the collusion a little more obvious? I'm assuming this is not a $$$ league, as the commissioner would not be allowed to have any veto or non-veto power in trades he's involved in. If that's the case, it's even more pathetic. Cheating to win a league where there's not even money invloved is beyond ridiculous.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:05 am

thehat wrote:Unreal. Could the traders have made the collusion a little more obvious? I'm assuming this is not a $$$ league, as the commissioner would not be allowed to have any veto or non-veto power in trades he's involved in. If that's the case, it's even more pathetic. Cheating to win a league where there's not even money invloved is beyond ridiculous.

agreed. If your going to cheat, then at least make some money off of it.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers