Do you ever start pitchers at Coors/Arlington?

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Randy Watson
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5X5 weekly H2H, 12 teams

C Willingham
1B Tex
2B Utley
3B ARam
SS Renteria
OF Damon
OF Matsui
OF Gomes
Util Bonds
BN Holliday
BN Rowand
BN Huff
BN Podsednik
BN Posada

SP C Young
SP Haren
SP W Williams
RP Otsuka
RP C Cordero
P M Gonzalez
P Papelbon
BN J Cruz
BN S Marshall
BN N Robertson

Do you ever start pitchers at Coors/Arlington?

Post by Randy Watson »

Under what circumstances would you start a pitcher at these parks? #1 Studs only?
Dans
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Dans »

I'd start any good pitcher there. The guys who I'd bench are the marginal pitchers who I'd check their matchup for anyway.
Madison
Trivia Champion

Post by Madison »

Sure, I start my studs there. Middle of the road guys might get started at the Ballpark, but most likely not at Coors. Just depends on the pitcher and how the Rangers/Rockies are hitting.

Randy Watson.....Wasn't that the singer of the group "Sexual Chocolate" in the movie Coming to America? :-?
Darkness consumed the light, beckoning his return.

The Deadman walks again!
Baseballer02
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: Yahoo: Public Roto League

C-Greg Myers
1B-Jeff Bagwell
2B-Todd Walker
3B-Mike Lowell
SS-Orlando Cabrera
OF-Albert Pujols
OF-Gary Sheffield
OF-Alex Sanchez
Util-Bobby Abreu
Bench-Carl Everett
Bench-Eric Hinske
DL-Bernie Williams

SP-Kevin Brown
SP-Woody Williams
RP-Eric Gagne
RP-Jose Mesa
P-Rod Beck
P-Carlos Zambrano
P-Dontrelle Willis
Bench-C.C. Sabathia
Bench-Wade Miller
Bench-Joel Pineiro

Post by Baseballer02 »

Like everyone else, I start the good pitchers. Otherwise, I look at how the pitcher's opponents have hit against him in the past, and how the team has been hitting as of late. Started Wade Miller yesterday, wasn't to disappointed.
Randy Watson
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5X5 weekly H2H, 12 teams

C Willingham
1B Tex
2B Utley
3B ARam
SS Renteria
OF Damon
OF Matsui
OF Gomes
Util Bonds
BN Holliday
BN Rowand
BN Huff
BN Podsednik
BN Posada

SP C Young
SP Haren
SP W Williams
RP Otsuka
RP C Cordero
P M Gonzalez
P Papelbon
BN J Cruz
BN S Marshall
BN N Robertson

Post by Randy Watson »

Yes, I was the lead singer for Sexual Chocolate, but I have moved on since Rev. Brown passed away.

What about Pavano starting in Coors tonight?
Pedantic
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by Pedantic »

I wouldn't start Pavano there. He's not studly enough for me to trust him. ;-)
Z-Dog
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Z-Dog »

I would agree, Pavano is not enough of an ace to start at Coors. Also depends on what you need -- wins or ERA/WHIP. Pavano is going up against Elarton, who last threw a strike in little league. If you are desparate for W's, even at the expense of ERA/WHIP, maybe you could go with Pavano, but I wouldn't.

Florida would be a pretty strong favorite to win the game against Elarton, but they may win it 11-7.
thetongueofire
T-Ball Trainer

Post by thetongueofire »

i would only start studs (or good pitchers on a hot streak) with a slight liniency towards groundball pitchers. it also depends on the condition of your pitching staff. if you're doing really good, then theres no need to start someone other than a 100% stud at Coors or Arlington. and when your staff is struggling, theres a smaller risk factor involved.

btw- what do you think about the effect of good hitting parks on closers/relievers... i would think that at least the decent ones wont be effected much whereas the average reliever would be a lot more of a risk
bleach168
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bleach168 »

Never start anyone at Coors. RJ, Schilling, and Maddux all have terrible numbers at Coors. Well, RJ has a 4.00 ERA at Coors which is terrible for him at least.
wkelly91
T-Ball Trainer

Post by wkelly91 »

I would start a stud. I started Clemens in Coors saturday. He gave me a win and 9 K's albeit he gave up runs.Who else do I start some marginal pitcher who will probably give up the runs without the K's and the win !+)

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”