alex "dirty" sanchez

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

sinicalypse
T-Ball Trainer

alex "dirty" sanchez

Post by sinicalypse »

even tho i could just go ask kolbsaves, i throw the question out here as well: what's up with mista sanchez? he's got a nice average, decent # of runs scored, but only two steals?

is it an aura of "don't you dare steal when i-rod and ron-DL are mashing like they currently are" or has he just gotten off to the proverbial slow start?
Madison
Trivia Champion

Post by Madison »

A groin injury has kept him from running the last week or so.
Darkness consumed the light, beckoning his return.

The Deadman walks again!
KolbSaves
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: none yet

Post by KolbSaves »

but you DID just go ask me
sinicalypse
T-Ball Trainer

Post by sinicalypse »

and i quote myself:

even tho i could just go ask kolbsaves, i throw the question out here as well
rippz
T-Ball Trainer

Post by rippz »

Do you think he will start running? He was a mad man once he was traded to Detroit and I had high hopes for him.... My team could really use some steals...

I read he was platooning.....
LBJackal
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 18 teams, 6x6 Roto Keeper (Keep 8 players) (R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG & W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA)

C R. Barajas (Tex - C)
1B A. Huff (TB - 1B,3B,RF,DH)
2B J. Kent (Hou - 2B)
3B M. Lowell (Fla - 3B)
SS J. Lugo (TB - SS)
OF G. Sheffield (NYY - RF)
OF

Post by LBJackal »

He damn well better. And also, Brandon Inge isn't going to be stealing many more AB's from him, is he? I thought he was solely a major leaguer because he was a good catcher. Why did he have to go and learn how to hit :~(
rippz
T-Ball Trainer

Post by rippz »

bump.........
KolbSaves
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: none yet

Post by KolbSaves »

he shouldn't be platooning much now that they have an extra spot in the lineup due to Young being out, it was only at the beginning of the season that Sanchez was platooned for matchups

Sanchez has had the flu for the last couple of days

Inge will take Craig Monroe's or Eric Munson's spot in the lineup until he cools off
Dans
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Dans »

yeah, but they don't need to run as much now that they have a better lineup. Sanchez has a terrible success rate stealing bases.
sinicalypse
T-Ball Trainer

Post by sinicalypse »

the attraction of sanchez is that he's a perennial .280+ guy and even after a broken leg he can still steal.

i'd think that he'd still try to steal, even if he's like 40/20 on steals/caught, cuz if he can get in scoring position i-rod is more likely to get an RBI single than a HR

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”