Return to Baseball Leftovers

Too Early For Yankees 2 Trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:17 pm

frog99 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I would love to see the Boss make another deal. I have NEVER heard of any rumors about Unit or Hudson but I think there is a very good chance that KC wants to get rid of Beltran so they don't let him go to the FA and the Yanks need a young solid CF with bernie bieng old. Also Vidro is a great possibility, he has both defense and offensive potential and would put up good numbers in a stacked lineup. Plus Montreal always wants to clean house.



KC really can't trade Beltran , not while they are in contention for the AL central and, with the level of talent in the central, KC never will be out of contention.


Thats true, but you gotta agree that the smart way would definetly be not to let him go to the FA but to get some prospects for him at least. They need something. As Peter Gammons said "They have NO CHANCE of resigning this guy."
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4115
(Past Year: -54)
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Super GM » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:20 pm

Just wait...Steinbrenner will start to panic and spend all the money he needs to get another All-Star pitcher on his team. Pedro? Big-Unit? Zito, Mulder and Hudson all at once? If someone's gonna pull of something ridiculous like that, it's him! :-b
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3691
(Past Year: -55)
Joined: 23 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the mound striking out Barry Bonds

Postby frog99 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:27 pm

Super GM wrote:Just wait...Steinbrenner will start to panic and spend all the money he needs to get another All-Star pitcher on his team. Pedro? Big-Unit? Zito, Mulder and Hudson all at once? If someone's gonna pull of something ridiculous like that, it's him! :-b



he'll have to wait till tyhe end of the season to get anyone of those guys, and of that group, only Pedro is a FA.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 623
(Past Year: -46)
Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cheering the Home Team

Postby Zito is God » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:30 pm

I honestly cannot imagine pedro as a yankee. just cannot picture the pin stripes on him.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4115
(Past Year: -54)
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Green Monstah » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:32 pm

how the hell could the Yankees afford to pay Beltran as a FA next year? He will be looking for $15-17 million a year. ;-7


And Vidro will be in a Sox uniform next year if they don't sign Nomar...and you can put that to the bank. :-)
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 780
(Past Year: -7)
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MA

Postby frog99 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:33 pm

Green Monstah wrote:how the hell could the Yankees afford to pay Beltran as a FA next year? He will be looking for $15-17 million a year. ;-7


And Vidro will be in a Sox uniform next year if they don't sign Nomar...and you can put that to the bank. :-)



how did they afford Arod? :-P
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 623
(Past Year: -46)
Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cheering the Home Team

Postby frog99 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:36 pm

Zito is God wrote:
frog99 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I would love to see the Boss make another deal. I have NEVER heard of any rumors about Unit or Hudson but I think there is a very good chance that KC wants to get rid of Beltran so they don't let him go to the FA and the Yanks need a young solid CF with bernie bieng old. Also Vidro is a great possibility, he has both defense and offensive potential and would put up good numbers in a stacked lineup. Plus Montreal always wants to clean house.



KC really can't trade Beltran , not while they are in contention for the AL central and, with the level of talent in the central, KC never will be out of contention.


Thats true, but you gotta agree that the smart way would definetly be not to let him go to the FA but to get some prospects for him at least. They need something. As Peter Gammons said "They have NO CHANCE of resigning this guy."



What prospects do the yanks have to trade? if they trade Beltran, they lose any trust they regianed with their fan base by resigning sweeney and contending last year.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 623
(Past Year: -46)
Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cheering the Home Team

Postby jayman » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:40 pm

frog99 wrote:
Green Monstah wrote:how the hell could the Yankees afford to pay Beltran as a FA next year? He will be looking for $15-17 million a year. ;-7


And Vidro will be in a Sox uniform next year if they don't sign Nomar...and you can put that to the bank. :-)



how did they afford Arod? :-P



As good as Beltran is he is no Alex and no Pujols. He is not a $15 million player. I'd say between $9-12 million.

The Yankees can afford anyone.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1150
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:47 pm

god like the yankees need another all star. I hope they wont get Beltran, but I bet they will. They always pull some crap like this off. And they can afford to pay beltran whatever he wants.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6410
(Past Year: -16)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby jayman » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:51 pm

Beltran said in an interview he likes it quite and likes to walk around without anyone knowing who he is. If he comes to NY - that's gone.

So, he may go elsewhere. Who knows.

Back to the topic for a moment - I've been entertaining offers for AROD and have gotten nothing decent. Nothing worthy of the guy picked #1. If you have Yankee that you want to trade and his name isn't Vazquez, Brown or Posada I say you have to wait. It stinks.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1150
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests

cron