Mussina and Santana are pitching today...

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

kcs261
T-Ball Trainer

Post by kcs261 »

I am so sick of Moose and Santana. I have both in my lineup tonight and it's making me sick. I have to stick with these guys and am still 12-6 in my h2h league despite their piece of crap play. But I might be undefeated if they'd get their act together. I can't believe Mussina couldn't hold that lead. Pathetic. :-[
Zito is God
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Zito is God »

warrick95 wrote:Matt Morris and Johan Santana! Just great! It's so surprising just how badly my team is pitching right now. Santana was like this huge sleeper, too. I haven't given up just yet, but these horrific starts have got to end sometime, or I'll cut ties with him. Especially since Santana's pitching against some pretty bad hitting teams (Toronto's good, but ice cold...Chris Gomez?!).

I honestly cannot see how you would think Santana was a sleeper before the season...
warrick95
T-Ball Trainer

Post by warrick95 »

Sleeper might not be the word. Good bang for the buck is a better phrase, because I expected an ERA in the mid-3's with high K numbers. And F Guzman. Thanks a lot for botching a DP ball.
Zito is God
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Zito is God »

warrick95 wrote:Sleeper might not be the word. Good bang for the buck is a better phrase, because I expected an ERA in the mid-3's with high K numbers. And F Guzman. Thanks a lot for botching a DP ball.

I'm not even gonna start my daily ragging on Santana...I think by now everyone knows how much I don't believe in him. :-D
Spartans Rule
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 13 team dynasty league
5x5 roto with OBP instead of AVG

C: Miguel Montero
1B: Billy Butler
2B: Dan Uggla
SS: Ian Desmond
3B: David Wright
CI: Lance Berkman
MI: Ryan Theriot
OF: Justin Upton, Shin-Soo Choo, Chris Young, Vernon Wells
DH: Luke Scott, Coco Crisp
Bench: Alex Avila, Jhonny Peralta, Seth Smith, Tyler Colvin, Chris Heisey
Minors: Anthony Rizzo, Jean Segura, Everth Cabrera, Dayan Viciedo

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Max Scherzer, Jonathan Sanchez, Jake Peavy, Travis Wood, Michael Pineda, Brandon Webb
RP: Andrew Bailey, Joel Peralta, Tyler Clippard, Sean Marshall, Joba Chamberlain
Minors: Julio Teheran, Mike Montgomery

Post by Spartans Rule »

As bad as Moose got hit I am encouraged - 7 Ks and 1 BB. I think he's getting his stuff back and should start pitching well soon.
Bedard

Post by Bedard »

Apparently he stinks, but his only problem pre-season was that he was overvalued instead of a sleeper. If you got him in the late rounds, thats a fine pick that just hasn't panned out. If you took him early...well...you were a moron and are paying for it.
WhiteHot
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C J. Posada (NYY - C)
C M. Matheny (StL - C)
1B T. Helton (Col - 1B)
2B J. Kent (Hou - 2B)
3B E. Ch

Post by WhiteHot »

He's getting shelled now.
Zito is God
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Zito is God »

Moose, out after 6 with 4 ER , 7 K's and 1 BB. Average night, I would have liked to see 1 more inning out of him though. Too bad he can't get the Win.
warrick95
T-Ball Trainer

Post by warrick95 »

I took him in the 7th in my roto league, which is actually just about where he's been going.

His stuff just doesn't look overpowering...seems like he's throwing way too many changeups.
warrick95
T-Ball Trainer

Post by warrick95 »

Are these scrubs (Reed Johnson, Gomez, Cash, etc.) supposed to be THAT GOOD against lefties?

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”