Return to Baseball Leftovers

Horacio?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Horacio?

Postby BostonBK7 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:52 am

Is he worth picking up? I'm thinking about trying him instead of Acevedo, but I'm not sure if this guys got any good stuff. Would anyone take him over Acevedo or pick him up and drop an extra batter?
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:55 am

Tough one, I have them both, and am not sure which one I like more. I think both have good upside, but Ramirez plays in the easier division, so my vote goes towards him if you can only keep one.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Pedantic » Sun May 02, 2004 2:19 am

I'm not sure that a division with the defending world champions is necessarily the easier division, but...I think I would go with Acevedo, Ramirez walks too many batters for my liking.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 02, 2004 2:26 am

Pedantic wrote:I'm not sure that a division with the defending world champions is necessarily the easier division, but...I think I would go with Acevedo, Ramirez walks too many batters for my liking.

Haha, that's a no brainer to me though. Think about who Acevedo faces in the NL Central....Houston, St. Louis, Chicago. As opposed to who Ramirez faces in the NL East...Philly, Florida, Montreal, and NYM. If you factor in pitchers/hitters ballparks, it's not even close.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Pedantic » Sun May 02, 2004 2:41 am

Chicago's lineup can be easily shut down by a good pitcher, since they certainly flail a lot. There's also those NL Central juggernauts in Pittsburgh and Milwaukee.

On the other hand we have Florida, who are picking up right where they left off last year (with the exception of the Braves). Philly's offense is off to a slow start, but is better than they have shown. The Mets aren't the strongest, but I'd venture to say they are better than the Bucs or the Brewers.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Return to Baseball Leftovers