Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Need Opinions on How to Handle This

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Need Opinions on How to Handle This

Postby KPucks » Mon May 03, 2004 9:31 pm

In the league I am commissioner of, a player dropped all of his players. There are three owners that think they should be able to pick up the players even though some of the oher members of the league won't check the league before the transactions go through. To complicate things even more, I have the number 2 waiver priority, and the guy w/ the number one priority is a guy that won't check in the next few days. So, I would get whatever player I want, and there are only one or two players worth picking up, so I would get a huge advantage. I don't think that is right and want to put the players back on the original team and lock it. That seems to be the most fair thing to do. Can I get some people to give some opinions so that I can show the members of my league that it would be unfair for me and some of them to get an unfair advantage by picking up the players? Thanks.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -33)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BostonBK7 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:33 pm

Wow that sucks...people like that are friggin retarded. Yeah, I would put them back on the team and lock it or something...at least give the waiver priorities to the right people; after all they may have been waiting patiently for an oppurtunity like this.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby matmat » Mon May 03, 2004 9:36 pm

yeah. you either need to put the players back on the team and lock it or make a list of players that can not be picked up. Dropping all the players is awful... the guy should not be allowed to play in your (or any) league in the future.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby KPucks » Mon May 03, 2004 9:54 pm

Can I get a few more responses? I need to convince these guys soon b/c the waiver period is up soon.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -33)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon May 03, 2004 10:07 pm

KPucks...you have one of two choices....you can either put the players back on the team and lock the team....or you can forbid people from picking them up...and lock their team if they do...that is a really ugly situation....and I only had to deal with it once...I tried to do a short draft using reverse league standings as the draft oreder...but that caused problems too.... :-/

It is a bad situation to be in....but you have to make a definative choice...and stick with it... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby kentx12 » Mon May 03, 2004 10:28 pm

I would place the players back on the team they were dropped from set the starting lineup and lock the team.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -46)

Postby jayman » Mon May 03, 2004 10:29 pm

To me... IMO... no matter how you look at it YOUR LEAGUE IS SCREWED UP. It's done. Do what's fun - Free for all. If you want to run a good league -- get people you know.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Madison » Mon May 03, 2004 10:59 pm

I'd put them all back on the team, set the lineup, and lock it. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Tavish » Mon May 03, 2004 11:06 pm

jayman wrote:To me... IMO... no matter how you look at it YOUR LEAGUE IS SCREWED UP. It's done. Do what's fun - Free for all. If you want to run a good league -- get people you know.

My thoughts exactly. Your 12 man league just became a 11 man league (adjust numbers to fit). It sucks but comes with the territory of sign 'n play free leagues.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Pablo975 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:09 pm

Why not put the players back onto the original team, lock it until next week, announce a random draft order, and let the remaining teams draft from there.

No one can honestly complain as a person dropping their whole team constitutes more than "someone being on waivers". No one can complain about waiver priority as it's random. Anyone wishing to NOT be in the psuedo draft can sit out to keep their waiver priority.
"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -20)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers