Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bentatcourt gets the SAVE!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EK711 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:27 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:SO the real question: Can he keep it up?

Betancourt looked real good last year and I wouldn't put it past him at all to do fairly well in the closer spot. The only problem I see is that Wedge got stuck on Riske as Cleveland's closer of the future last year. He sure stuck with him for an awful long time to head up a horrid bullpen this far. I'll bet my bail money that once Riske gets some time to settle down that he gets a second shot.

Keep your eye on Riske, he was an awesome setup guy last year, and one of Cleveland's top relievers. He's not completely out of the picture...... Yet.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Betancourt

Postby DaShadyOne » Tue May 04, 2004 1:24 am

Betancourt is he the new closer for the indians...what his deal worth picking up???
DaShadyOne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Surfs up » Tue May 04, 2004 8:06 am

I would hardly say giving up a hit and a walk a great outing. Enjoy it now because in a couple of weeks its over.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby mightyian5 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:11 am

if he keeps pitching well, he may hold it down for more than a few weeks. id say that the only one who can displace him would be wickman, whos not even assured to be coming back by the all star break. riske pitched yesterday too, and gave up ANOTHER run, not even in the closing role. his shot has passed, and hopefully he can get his crap together and contribute to this team, or else im going to go insane. the tribes won 3 straight, the kids are progressing and showing their promise, and the starting pitching has been stellar. the bullpen is now the only problem, and if thats fixed, this group could very realisitcally make a run in the weak AL central.

and FINALLY, westbrook has begun to contribute after countless opportunities. i doubt he can sustain it all year, but for now, im enjoying his league leading ERA.
theyre coming.....
mightyian5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers